Rental Stroller for a "Big" boy

Slartibartfast

Earning My Ears
My DS 6 (almost 7) is big for his age. He's 50 inches tall and about 68 pounds. Is he going to be too big for a rental stroller?

Also, if he's not too big, we'll also be getting a stroller (at least at EPCOT) for his sister DD5, who is much more petite. Is a double stroller out of the question, considering DS's size?

They should both fit fine in a double stroller. there might not be a lot of extra room, but to give them both a break in walking they will be fine.Both of them will want to do a lot of walking too I expect. I have seen a double stroller with four kids piled up in it and they were all over 7!!!

Have fun!!!!

jordan's mom

It will be a tight fit but you can do it. We had my 7 year old and 4 year old daughters in a double stroller in March. It is a tight fit and they have to be able to get along in close quarters but it is better than them being worn out from walking. BTW my 7 year old is as tall as most 10 year olds so our situation is aplicable to yours.

I think you should be fine. We tried both a single and double and my son who wasw 7 1/2 (around 52 lbs and 52 inches) fit fine in both. The double his 4 yr old brother fit in with him fine. My 30 yr old sister actually sat in the double (by herself) when neither boy wanted to ride and I pushed her as a joke. They really are quite roomy. She might have even fit in the single but didn't try it but she really is petite (5'4" and 105 lbs).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter