Rental Car to and from parks

We had a car last trip and actually returned it early. Buses were fine most of the time, and if we wanted to get to an ADR or leave a park at closing, we used Uber. They have a new Uber with car seat option, at a small up charge, that was fantastic. All the seats were brand new and installed correctly. That saved us so much money.

We have driven for all our trips so far. I like having the car it gives me a quiet place to unwind. We are doing two short trips in March and February which we are flying down for. For the February trip we are renting a car because so we can maximize the amount of time we have in the parks. For the March trip we are going without the boy so we are going to use Disney Transport for everything. I'm looking forward to seeing how that works.

We are staying in the All Star Resorts and have been told to expect 1.5 hours to travel to the parks and to dining reservations. Some friends just got back and they rented a car. Any thoughts on renting a car at the Car Center just to drive to and from the parks, hotels and dining and avoid the long transportation times?

Thanks!
I'mnot sure if you're traveling with kids or not - if not then Lyft (without inciting debate you may want to look into their recent actions if that kind of stuff matters to you). Anyways, if you do have kids one nice thing about a rental car is the ability to leave your stuff (like your stollers) in the car. We left stroller and our emergency bag (like change of clothes, etc.) in the car and didn't bring it back each night, which was convenient and kept the room much emptier. I would be a rental car person either way though... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter