Remy anyone? PCC4.0 **UPDATED**

**UPDATE**

I finally heard back from someone regarding reserving the private room in Remy.

#1- They are taking requests now. It appears that they do not review and assign you a dining date/time until 30 days prior.
#2- They ONLY take requests for EXACTLY 8 people. No more, no less.

We have 12 interested in Post #1.
I need guest names (all in your party) and reservation numbers to be sent to me by PM if you are FOR CERTAIN interested in this opportunity.
I will submit the first 8 names I receive and keep the rest on a wait list.
I will indicate that in Post #1

Please PM me as soon as possible so I can fax our request to DCL.
PM sent!

Sayhello

Sorry - I saw your update yesterday but I really don't think the couple we are crusing with would enjoy it. Hope you all have fun.

Sorry - I saw your update yesterday but I really don't think the couple we are crusing with would enjoy it. Hope you all have fun.

Thanks for letting me know Terri. There's so much more fun to have on the cruise- no worries!!

For PCC 4.0. Anyone care to join me?

Yep, Remy Champagne Brunch is now bookable online! :cool1:

Sayhello

Just saw it online and grabbed it. Just wanted to let others know as well

So did we,just can't remember which day now, lol.
Skye
I booked for Day 2, our first day at Sea.

What is this? I can't find it anywhere!
If you're within your booking period for your cruise, then if you go to your "Book Activities" page, you should find "Remy Champagne Brunch" under Adult Dining (assuming it's still available).

Sayhello

To eliminate any confusion, I am going to combine this thread with the other regarding Remy brunch reservations.

Does anybody have a suggestion about how much to tip for Brunch and Dinner?

Is the "usual" 20% of the bill typical? I was thinking that might be low in this case (and for Palo) since the charge is actually an incremental charge - not the full cost of the meal if you were to eat out in a comparable restaurant.

This has always been quite a controversial topic Jeff. :stir:

Technically, the surcharge for dining at Palo or Remy IS the gratuity, since our food is included in the cost of the cruise, but the servers here are not part of our tips for which we receive envelopes.

Even knowing this, John and I feel uncomfortable not leaving anything additional on the tab, since the service in these 2 places is normally above and beyond.
At Palo, we usually leave the equivalent of another surcharge (maybe a tad more). We are considering how to approach this at Remy, since the surcharge is significantly higher. But we do leave something more than the required surcharge.

Additionally, we would tip about 20% of any alcohol we ordered.

That's exactly my quandary Linda. I just don't feel right leaving "only" the $20/person surcharge at Palo dinner so I always add extra (usually another $20). With Remy dinner (or brunch for that matter) being so much more, I'm really wondering there.

That's exactly my quandary Linda. I just don't feel right leaving "only" the $20/person surcharge at Palo dinner so I always add extra (usually another $20). With Remy dinner (or brunch for that matter) being so much more, I'm really wondering there.

Ahhh! :thumbsup2 I thought you were wondering if you had to figure 20% of the cost of the meal if you bought it in a regular restaurant. I do not think that is necessary. But to leave another $75? I'm thinking that's a little steep too.
Maybe another $50? Seems like a nice compromise.

The brunch surcharge is $50, right? So maybe another $25-30 there.
Sounds like that might work for us. I guess we'll have to see how blown away (and generous!) we are feeling that night!!! :3dglasses

Curious.

If you are guessing a value of a Remy dinner at, say $100, and usually tip at 20%, then wouldn't $20 per person be an appropriate tip?

If leaving a $20 tip at Palo thinking a 20% tip, is the Palo meal experience really a $100 value?

I am confused!

DCL already adds 18% tip on alcohol. Why also tip 20%?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!