Reimagined Wonder from Galveston, November 10, 2016 - COMPLETED

I hope they change the Animators Palate menu before February. I really liked the idea of a choice earlier and neither the appetizer or the soup sounded interesting to me. I had heard that you can order items from other restaurants menus. Is that true? If so, might need to do that for an appetizer and soup for this dinner if they do not change.

I'm not a big fan of the new menu that they've come up with for the show, I have to admit. The appetizer is salmon tartar, shrimp, and duck breast. It's the only item, so no choice there.
They removed all my favorite stuff. I only ate in Animator's because it had my favorite appetizer, soup and one of my favorite entrees. I never liked the atmosphere in there. I'm disappointed about the food, but it also gives me more freedom to go do something else on that night, I guess.
And apparently the sweet temptations is off all the menus
YIKES! I hope enough people fuss about it that they bring it back.

They removed all my favorite stuff. I only ate in Animator's because it had my favorite appetizer, soup and one of my favorite entrees. I never liked the atmosphere in there. I'm disappointed about the food, but it also gives me more freedom to go do something else on that night, I guess.

YIKES! I hope enough people fuss about it that they bring it back.
Scott of disneycruiselineblog.com thinks they are showcasing some of the new stuff on these shorter cruises--especially with lots of media on board. This is the type of menu that is typically for the second night at Animator's Palate on a 7 nt cruise, when they do the placemat animations, (most of the entrees listed were on our 'Til We Meet Again' menu on our Alaskan cruise). So...hopefully on the 7nt, the 'normal' Animator's Palate menu will be back! We'll see what someone reports when the Wonder does a 7 nt.

What a great trip Jenny ::yes:: I love all the changes they've made and it looks all shiny and new :thumbsup2 I'm really impressed

Got to love the addition of the British phone box in the pub, as we all know how there's a phone box in all British pubs :rotfl2::rotfl2:

It looked like you enjoyed Nachi Cocum, I know we'd go back again ::yes::

Once again it looks like you've enjoyed the food and fabulous cocktails :drinking1 Now bring on the next cruise !!

I hope they change the Animators Palate menu before February. I really liked the idea of a choice earlier and neither the appetizer or the soup sounded interesting to me. I had heard that you can order items from other restaurants menus. Is that true? If so, might need to do that for an appetizer and soup for this dinner if they do not change.

I have heard that you can, but I am not sure how it will work on the night of the animation show as they are definitely on a set schedule, which is why they have the new limited menu I believe.

Scott of disneycruiselineblog.com thinks they are showcasing some of the new stuff on these shorter cruises--especially with lots of media on board. This is the type of menu that is typically for the second night at Animator's Palate on a 7 nt cruise, when they do the placemat animations, (most of the entrees listed were on our 'Til We Meet Again' menu on our Alaskan cruise). So...hopefully on the 7nt, the 'normal' Animator's Palate menu will be back! We'll see what someone reports when the Wonder does a 7 nt.

It will be interesting to hear what has happened on the first 7 night that is happening right now. I do know that the menu we experienced in AP was also the menu that they debuted to the crew prior to our sailing.

What a great trip Jenny ::yes:: I love all the changes they've made and it looks all shiny and new :thumbsup2 I'm really impressed

Got to love the addition of the British phone box in the pub, as we all know how there's a phone box in all British pubs :rotfl2::rotfl2:

It looked like you enjoyed Nachi Cocum, I know we'd go back again ::yes::

Once again it looks like you've enjoyed the food and fabulous cocktails :drinking1 Now bring on the next cruise !!

We saw so many people taking selfies in the phone box - it was funny!! The new after hours area is really great, we really enjoyed it. I remember you had been to Nachi Cocum - it's a nice break and it wasn't crowded at all. Now just to get into the swing of all the holidays! That's the only bad part about a late cruise - you land slap bang in the middle of holiday preparations and I don't feel like I'm ready at all!! Ha ha.

Great trip report! We were on the same cruise, and I think I recall seeing you on deck 10 forward as we were leaving port. :) It was definitely cold up there with the wind. And thank you for sharing your experience at Nachi Cocum. We really enjoyed our beach break excursion at Playa Mia, but next time I think I would prefer something a little more secluded. Looks like you had a great time!

Great trip report! We were on the same cruise, and I think I recall seeing you on deck 10 forward as we were leaving port. :) It was definitely cold up there with the wind. And thank you for sharing your experience at Nachi Cocum. We really enjoyed our beach break excursion at Playa Mia, but next time I think I would prefer something a little more secluded. Looks like you had a great time!

We ended up going behind the glass/plexiglass wall and watching from there for a while. We weren't up there too long though as it was really chilly! Nachi cocum was nice and quiet, it doesn't have all the water activities that Playa Mia offers, but it's quieter.

Thanks so much for all the great info and letting us "cruise along" with you! I just had quite the nice afternoon, living vicariously through you :)

I just got off the Wonder, 7-night out of Galveston and our AP menu for the second night was exactly the same as the one on the 4-night trip the original poster had which was disappointing!

We were on this same cruise. I was kinda disappointed that the gingerbread house wasn't finished :-)
Also, the bridge camera was working in our room, so maybe there was something wrong on your floor or cabin? weird.
Thanks for sharing your report. I miss being on the ship and it was fun reliving it through your pictures :-)

Thanks for this. I'm getting ready for my 1st cruise this August.

Curious how the no-line buffet works. Wouldn't it get a little chaotic?

Curious how the no-line buffet works. Wouldn't it get a little chaotic?

The space in front of the buffet no longer has the cafeteria-style railing. It is now much more open. This allows passengers to maneuver toward and away from buffet stations more easily. We never went right at opening. But when we did visit Cabanas for breakfast or lunch, it was relatively smooth and easy to go between stations that interested us and just skip over stations that didn't. Overall, it made it faster for everyone. So that helped to clear up the congestion that you might imagine could occur.

Thank you for this TR! It's great to see the updates on Wonder in details!
Your TR is making me want to go back on Wonder really bad...I would go just to try Tiana's.:lovestruc Aw, wish she sails from Galveston year-round!

Thank you for this TR! It's great to see the updates on Wonder in details!
Your TR is making me want to go back on Wonder really bad...I would go just to try Tiana's.:lovestruc Aw, wish she sails from Galveston year-round!

Me too, it would be awesome if she were here longer. They did a really great job on the refurb changes, I really think you should to check it out for yourself. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter