Refund for cancelling a prepaid meal

Masonmj84

DIS Veteran
So today I made the boneheaded mistake of accidentally cancelling my Hoop Dee Doo ADR.

Today was my 60 day mark so, after making all of my FP+ reservations on the My Disney Experience smartphone app, I went over all of my reservations to double check that everything looked right.

When reviewing my ADRs, I noticed one ADR that didn't list the restaurant name, just the time, party size, and reservation number. Since I'd previously cancelled some ADRs, I automatically assumed this was one that had been cancelled but was partially showing up in the app anyway. So I cancelled it.

The instant I did so, I realized it was my Hoop Dee Doo ADR. I quickly rebooked it for the same time and category but, of course, had to prepay a second time (the other downside is that our seats won't be quite as good as they were before, as we'd originally booked at our 180 day mark).

I assume that, under the circumstances (the ADR is for March 21), my credit card should get refunded for the cancelled ADR (although probably not until after the charge shows up for the rebooked ADR). Do I need to do anything to make sure this happens and does anyone have experience with approximately when I should expect to see the refund show up on my credit card statement?

I had this experience not too long ago. Booked Spirit of Aloha and then cancelled and rescheduled to a different time. The refund for the first reservation showed up within a couple of days, if not the day after. I had an issue with the exchange rate (I'm Canadian), because even though I did the transactions within an hour of one another, the refund was processed the next day and so the exchange rate had changed. Anyway, they fixed everything in the end, so it was all good. Hopefully you're American and it will be smoother for you :)

credit card refunds can take up to 2 weeks with disney (and 90% of that is your banks delay to give you it). I'd say on average I have 1 bank that I get them in about 2 days, the other about 5-6. (business days, not calendar).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter