• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Refridge question/ CBR Resort

my2boys

Anything Disney is MAGIC to me!!!!
I apologize that this question has probably been asked before a million times BUT what's one more time? Right?

Anyway, Can you request/rent a Refridge at the CBR resort? We will be staying at the end of August and just thought we may want to get one if possible!

Thanks in advance for your help!!

I've been told we can rent fridges.... we'll be at the CBR right around the same time as you! I think you can call to confirm your reservations and request one at that time....then remind the desk when you check in.

It's right around the corner!
whoo hooo!
Sue

We were at CBR in late April and had a refrigerator in our room. We had requested it when making our reservations and when we got to our room, it wasn't there. We called the main desk and they had it delivered in less than 10 minutes. We had a great time at CBR and am sure you will too. We were in Trinidad North, which was a good location.

Have a ball! I'm jealous. Not going back until September!:Pinkbounc

Hi when I made our reservations on the comp. for CBR I requested the fridge then.But we have purchased a really nice coleman cooler that you can plug in. You can use it in your car and it also has an adapter so you can plug it in to a reg. outlet. It was $54.00. So we are canceling the request for the fridge. We are staying for ten days so at $10.00 a day, that is $100.00 dollars I would rather use for something else.:) Have a great trip.

Hi, we haven't stayed there yet, ( arrive 8/6) but have requested a fridge. CM told me she noted it on our ressies, but to ask again at checK-in and that it is $10.60 per day incl tax. We are to pay for it seperate at check out since outr FTP is already paid in full. I would rather use a cooler and save the $$$, but DH hates the soggy stuff and emptying it etc., hey, he's not asking for much...we'll let him get it!;)

Fridges are rented on a first come/first served basis. They will not be in your room upon arrival. On my last trip in May we didn't receive ours until the following day. You also have to be in your room to accept the fridge. Priority is given to those with medical conditions who need refridgeration for medicine.

We were not in our room to accept our refrigerator. When we arrived, it wasn't there, so we called the main desk and they said they would bring one over. We took a walk right after the phone call, to see the pool and grounds, etc and when we got back, the refrigerator was in our room, plugged in and ready to go. Guess we lucked out!

Originally posted by sarahj
We were not in our room to accept our refrigerator. When we arrived, it wasn't there, so we called the main desk and they said they would bring one over. We took a walk right after the phone call, to see the pool and grounds, etc and when we got back, the refrigerator was in our room, plugged in and ready to go. Guess we lucked out!

We have gotten fridges 3 times without being in our rooms. We just called housekeeping and told them we needed one. It was in our room when we returned. I don't think you need to be in the room to accept them.

The thing about the cooler is you plug it in (it is electric!!) So no ice = no soggy stuff. It is like a fridge and it actually fits a good amount of stuff.:D

Keep an eye on the fridge plug because last time ours became unplugged after housekeeeping cleaned the room. I guess they unplugged it to vacuum and did not plug it back in.

I have been looking into the idea of a thermoelectric fridge also. I found a 56 quart (which is the larger anyone makes) for about $80.00. Fridge rental will cost us $85. Does anyone know how large the refrigerators are? I heard they were dorm size, but are they the tiny ones or the ones that are about 3 feet tall? Thanks to anyone who can help.

This is our first trip and don't know what to expect.

Hi

I went to Wal-Mart(which after reading some of these other posts, found out it was just about one of the more popular shopping chains, among Disney travelers).

I purchased a rather large nylon insulated cooler(I believe it was under $20) that also collapsed, which made it easy to fit into my suitcase. We used Tiffany Towncar services and took advantage of the 30 minute grocery stop.

After we arrived at the hotel we filled up the cooler with ice and used it as a mini refrigerator. It was very convient. It never leaked and the next day we would pour the water out and refill it.

Me and my family are not big breakfast eaters, but during our grocery stop we bought Hungry Man breakfast microwavable meals that consisted of: Pancakes, Hashbrowns, Srambled eggs, sausage AND bacon. I HAVE NEVER SEEN ALL THAT IN ONE MICROWAVABLE BREAKFAST MEAL BEFORE! And I believe they were under $3. I'm used to seeing a microwave breakfast with 2-3 pancakes and sausage OR bacon.

However, the breakfast meals consisted of cardboard boxes. We had plastic storage bags from home, which we placed the meals inside to protect them from the melting ice inside the cooler. That way we avoided soggy boxes.

The money I saved from renting a refrigerator, I was able to use for character dining.

I hope this helps:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter