>> Refillable Mug FAQ (new) <<

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Lynne M, Aug 10, 2015.

1. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Ooh I'm going to disagree that sharing is allowed. I mean, it's hard to catch, but it's not what you're supposed to do.

2. MaryLovesPoohBear

MaryLovesPoohBear DIS Veteran

The fact that they limit you to a refill every 3 minutes, says they don't want you to fill multiple cups with one mug.

mikedoyleblogger likes this.
  3. useakiss

useakiss Am I there yet?

I wonder if this has relaxed somewhat inside the parks? A coworker of mine just went to WDW between Christmas and New Years, and she said she had no problems getting her mug refilled with soda inside the parks. Are the machines supposed to not work at all or do they just expect you to be ethical and not do it? I'm trying to figure out how it could work or why she would lie.

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

5. IrishNYC

IrishNYC DIS Veteran

There are very few QS where soft drinks are serve yourself. I don't know off the top of my head, but no more than 4 or 5, and yes, they do expect you to be honest about it, because they're resort mugs, not "drinks in the parks" mugs.

mikedoyleblogger likes this.
  6. useakiss

useakiss Am I there yet?

Okay, that makes more sense. Sadly, this doesn't surprise me with this person. There's always somebody to ruin it for everyone else... :sad2:

7. finleyd

finleyd DisneyFin

I know they change the mugs every couple years, when will they be changing next?

8. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

Well, they were last changed October 2015, so I would say it's going to be a while.

9. schrammalot

schrammalot Mouseketeer

Considering they just had the handle debacle, I don't think they'll be changing it soon. It also just changed design not too long ago.

10. MaryLovesPoohBear

MaryLovesPoohBear DIS Veteran

Do you mean when they finally took those handles off? Or when they went and put them back on?

Many here may see it as a "debacle" but so many more didn't notice. They either have never purchased the mugs with handles or just didn't care one way or another. Or maybe they noticed but were happy with the change. I know I was. Well, until they decided to order them with handles again.

11. useakiss

useakiss Am I there yet?

I haven't gotten either yet. Seems to me that the handle would be handy (ha!) for hanging it from a strap when not in use, etc. Why did you prefer it without?

12. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I know this was directed at @MaryLovesPoohBear but I can say that we preferred the mugs without the handles because they fit better in the outside pockets of our backpacks, stroller, pocket of my cargo shorts and the cup holders in our cars.

MaryLovesPoohBear likes this.
  13. useakiss

useakiss Am I there yet?

Okay, that makes sense, too. Honestly, it's a shame they don't just give you the choice.

14. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

That's what we were hoping, but alas no...

15. scard192

scard192 DIS Veteran

we were at ASSp in November and noticed a family (2 women, 4 kids) with one refillable mug; woman would fill the mug, go back to her table and pour it into a plastic water bottle, wait a few minutes go back and do it again until she had 6 water bottles filled. She/they were there several nights when we ate at the Food Court.

16. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

Boy, that's a special kind of stubborn.

17. PolyRob

PolyRob Mouseketeer

I know purchasing a mug claims is will expire in 14 days or length of stay, but the dining plan verbiage says the mug will expire at midnight upon check-out.

I am interested in possibly booking an additional night for my upcoming trip at the beginning with deluxe dining. It may work out that I could really maximize the credits. I then have a 6 night stay within the same resort, no dining plan. Will I still be able to use the dining plan mugs for my other nights or is that "expire at midnight" accurate? The $210 dining cost, offset by $40 in mug savings really makes a dent when factoring savings.

18. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

The Rapid Refill system is completely separate from the reservation system so it has no way to know when your check out day is. Once it's activated it's good for 14 days.

mikedoyleblogger and PolyRob like this.
  19. PolyRob

PolyRob Mouseketeer

Great, thank you!

20. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

You are planning on a different resort or different type room for your one night on Deluxe Dining, right? Otherwise, they will just link the two reservations and require that you buy the plan for all the nights of your stay.

21. PolyRob

PolyRob Mouseketeer

Oh thank you, I did not know that would happen!

At this time, it would be a courtyard view for the 1 night with deluxe dining and 6 nights standard view no dining within the same resort. I would have tried to get one entire reservation in the same category, but it just is not open under the passholder rate. I will keep this in mind though for the future!