Recommendations for South Georgia canpgrouns

Ozgood

Earning My Ears
We went to the super RV show in Tampa, because it's the largest in the country and we're still at Fort Wilderness! Well, it was a very dangerous and costly visit as we bought a new fifth wheel

We are picking it up in Tampa on the way out of town next week and we would like to drive maybe 4 hours (give or take) and spend the night in the new trailer. Any recommendations of RV parks/campgrounds not too far off of I-75?

Exit 5, Lake Park GA. There is a Camping World with a nice campground that used to be a KOA, $19.99/night if you are Good Sam members.

Congrats on the new rig, Ozgood. I saw Eagles Roost from I75 on the way down. Has Spanish Moss hanging from the oak trees - I'd stay there. You can view their website:

https://www.eaglesroostresort.com/

So are you taking the camper you brought to FW to the dealer as a trade, empty it out, and pile all your stuff in the new rig? Geeze, I go home and leave you kids on your own and now you go and do THIS! What am I going to do with you two?

<jk>. Good for you. I was at the Fort in Jan 2015 (ran the Half) and then went to Tampa to visit family and saw the big fairgrounds/RV show on the side of I4 driving into Tampa. It's a biggie for sure so I know you got a great deal.

Good luck on the ride home.

Bama Ed

We stop at Fair Harbor campground, exit 135 in Perry GA. Close to the freeway but shielded from most of the noise. Bonus that theres a Cracker Barrel on the other side of I-75

I would say eagles roost at exit 5. Close to highway. Nice local restaurant close, similar to Cracker Barrel. Good for overnight.

We were bummed they moved it out or the marathon weekend was up. We usually go to the Tampa RV show on Thursday when we are there.

Exit 5, Lake Park GA. There is a Camping World with a nice campground that used to be a KOA, $19.99/night if you are Good Sam members.
I thought someone said that one had closed down? We've stayed there and also Eagles Roost. See the pic on my name, that's from Eagles Roost with the fiver in 2014. Congrats on the fiver!

Congrats on the new rig, Ozgood. I saw Eagles Roost from I75 on the way down. Has Spanish Moss hanging from the oak trees - I'd stay there. You can view their website:

https://www.eaglesroostresort.com/

So are you taking the camper you brought to FW to the dealer as a trade, empty it out, and pile all your stuff in the new rig? Geeze, I go home and leave you kids on your own and now you go and do THIS! What am I going to do with you two?

<jk>. Good for you. I was at the Fort in Jan 2015 (ran the Half) and then went to Tampa to visit family and saw the big fairgrounds/RV show on the side of I4 driving into Tampa. It's a biggie for sure so I know you got a great deal.

Good luck on the ride home.

Bama Ed

It's crazy, I know! Talk about an expensive souvenir Yes, we are trading in the hybrid did the fifth wheel. We went and bought bins to make the transition easier. Can you just picture us transferring our "stuff" from one to the other in the RV dealer parking lot, lol. We did get an excellent deal or we definitely wouldn't have made the deal, that's for sure. We pick it up on Wednesday on our way out of town. The hard part is going to be taking it back to the frozen tundra and having tonoarknit for a while. The good news is that we have a trip to Arizona coming up at the end of March so we'll get to pull it out of storage then.

Thanks for the recommendation! Eagles Roost it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter