• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Received 2 new DVC membership cards today on resale contracts

heb

Earning My Ears
I have two DVC contracts, both purchased via resale. The first was purchased in 2015, so I already had a membership card for that one, but received a new card (with the same expiration date) today. What surprised me was that I also received a membership card on my recent DVC resale purchase. That purchase offer was made on Feb 23, 2016. ROFR was received on March 29, 2016. We closed on April 7, 2016. The recorded deed was sent to Disney on April 14, 2016. Given the fact that the "perks" associated with resale contracts changed as of April 4, 2016, I wasn't expecting to receive a membership card on this recent purchase. Not that it matters a great deal, since I already had a card from my previous contract, but it was a nice surprise. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else is in a similar situation and is wondering if they may receive a membership card.

What surprised me was that I also received a membership card on my recent DVC resale purchase. That purchase offer was made on Feb 23, 2016. ROFR was received on March 29, 2016. We closed on April 7, 2016. The recorded deed was sent to Disney on April 14, 2016. Given the fact that the "perks" associated with resale contracts changed as of April 4, 2016, I wasn't expecting to receive a membership card on this recent purchase.
DVD back peddled and change it so that as long as the resale purchase was submitted for ROFR by 4/4/2016, it would be grandfathered in for perks.

The announced they were going to "grandfather" in contracts that were received for ROFR consideration prior to Apr 4th so that is why you received the card.

The announced they were going to "grandfather" in contracts that were received for ROFR consideration prior to Apr 4th so that is why you received the card.
Thanks, Kathy! It's just that I've read conflicting information on the exact date of "grandfathering" so I thought it would be helpful to let people know I actually received a card :D

DVD back peddled and change it so that as long as the resale purchase was submitted for ROFR by 4/4/2016, it would be grandfathered in for perks.
Thanks, Michael! Just thought I'd share my experience in case anyone was still wondering what to expect :)

I have been wondering if I would order wouldn't be grandfathered in since that news came out, I passed ROFR on 3/2 and was scheduled to close on 3/31 but had a delayed closing due to the sellers delay in returning paperwork, since I Didn't close until 4/18 I wasn't 100% believing that I would be grandfathered in, but knew that it was a good chance, well, deed recorded on 4/18, member number via mail 5/2 and actual real membership card arrived today!!!

I have been wondering if I would order wouldn't be grandfathered in since that news came out, I passed ROFR on 3/2 and was scheduled to close on 3/31 but had a delayed closing due to the sellers delay in returning paperwork, since I Didn't close until 4/18 I wasn't 100% believing that I would be grandfathered in, but knew that it was a good chance, well, deed recorded on 4/18, member number via mail 5/2 and actual real membership card arrived today!!!
Congratulations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter