Really need help and advice with my 2006 WDW dates

MagicKingdom05

<font color=red>Loves to Travel<br><font color=dar
Hi,

I know that it's early to discuss 2006 WDW trips, but to make sure I get the days off, I need to get my dates in asap.

Here is what I tenitively has set:

July1-July 8
Oct 27-Nov 1 (Probably won't go at this time if Hawaii in April works out)
Nov 25-Dec 3 for Mickey's VMCP
Dec 29-Jan 2

My dates are very flexible, because theres a 60/40 chance that I will be going to Hawaii the week before Easter April 8-15, so that will mean no Halloween trip,

In my opinion, it's never too early to plan. We are also planning for 06!
Are you a Star Wars fan? If so, have you thought of considering a trip around Star Wars weekends (if they have any next year).
I envy you for getting to squeeze in so many trips next year! :flower:

Nik's Mom,

This year I took one long trip to WDW and one small trip in January skiing. However for the second year in a row, WDW has come up with deals for later in the year. I told myself that in 2006, I would spread my vacations out a bit and take advantage of some of the days we already get off for weekends and holidays and maybe beable to book one of those good deals.

Now obviously something could come up and put a damper on one of these trips, but I want to make sure it won't be someone else already having those same days off.

Yeah, I know what you mean. We went this past May, but I'm kicking myself over missing the free dining plan. :Pinkbounc

Nik's Mom,

I was there Feb 25-March 7th and now wish I would have waited, but at that time I got a good AP rate so I took it. However next year will be different and it will be cool to see WDW decorated for the 4th of July, and Christmas.

Hi!!

As far as your dates go - I think they are pretty good...as far as I can recall...WDW doesn't really go all out with decorations for the 4th...but that may have changed.... we typically don't go in June, July, Aug....since that is when crowds are UP!

You can't go wrong..have great trips!

Thanks all for the advice. This is the first time I'm planning like this plus I may be going away to Hawaii Easter week April 8-15 2006, so that's why I'm planning so far ahead. If the Hawaii thing works out then I won't be taking the extra Halloween trip in 2006, but that's ok.

Kind of off topic, but I'm just curious where you are planning on staying for your trips in 06? And how did you like your stay at CBR. I'm tossing around hotel ideas for our next trip.

Nik's Mom,

First of all it looks like I won't be going on the halloween trip in 2006 afterall, because more than likely I will be going to Hawaii April 8-15, 2006. However, this won't interfer with the July 4th trip, the after thanksgiving trip or the new years trip.

I loved CBR, but my suggestion would be to get something close to the food court like Trinidad North, because if they put you in the Jamaica area it's a 5-10 minute walk to the food court. The buses come every 15-20 minutes and if you have an early PS, there is a bus that starts running at 7 am.

Since I have already stayed at CBR, I was thinking of doing Poly for July 1-July 8th since that will be a very busy time and then play it by ear for the other two dates. As you can tell, I love the Polynesian theme with my Hawaii trip and a stay at the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter