Realistic budget?

PiO - you have me looking at Hyatt Place too, I just checked and it would be half the price of our stay at Magic Castle Hotel. I have to weigh up the free snacks, free laundry and convenience but that kind of $$ saving can buy a lot!
Yep this is what I'm thinking, as much as I would love to stay at the magic castle hotel it will be over $400 AU a night, the free snacks and laundry are very tempting though :rolleyes:

PiO - you have me looking at Hyatt Place too, I just checked and it would be half the price of our stay at Magic Castle Hotel. I have to weigh up the free snacks, free laundry and convenience but that kind of $$ saving can buy a lot!

My community service work is done. LOL!!!

Well I did it! I changed our booking from Magic Castle Hotel to Hyatt Place El Segundo. So thanks PiO!:worship:

Hi everyone! We have been back for just over a week from our trip. Budget wise, I think 20k would be possible being that one is a baby so wouldn't cost too much to feed! I found LA and surrounds quite cheap in general. I shared meals with my 12 year old daughter most places. We also found that because the portions were so large we were able to eat only twice a day quite comfortably! In LA we ate at IHOP, subway, the occasional Denny's. We stayed at Hollywood Orchid Suites which was lovely and clean and they bent over backwards to accomodate us when we first arrived in the early AM and my daughter was a bit unwell. I couldn't fault them. There's a big but coming though... I wouldn't stay there again! The area was so loud and noisy and seedy! I think Magic Castle is just around the corner so I imagine it would be similar in the noise stakes. In hindsight, we should have stayed somewhere near El Segundo and day tripped to Hollywood instead of staying amongst it. We stayed at Hyatt Place in Anaheim and had no dramas there either. It was walking distance to Disney and had clean rooms. Good luck planning your trip! I think that's the best part!

Hi everyone! We have been back for just over a week from our trip. Budget wise, I think 20k would be possible being that one is a baby so wouldn't cost too much to feed! I found LA and surrounds quite cheap in general. I shared meals with my 12 year old daughter most places. We also found that because the portions were so large we were able to eat only twice a day quite comfortably! In LA we ate at IHOP, subway, the occasional Denny's. We stayed at Hollywood Orchid Suites which was lovely and clean and they bent over backwards to accomodate us when we first arrived in the early AM and my daughter was a bit unwell. I couldn't fault them. There's a big but coming though... I wouldn't stay there again! The area was so loud and noisy and seedy! I think Magic Castle is just around the corner so I imagine it would be similar in the noise stakes. In hindsight, we should have stayed somewhere near El Segundo and day tripped to Hollywood instead of staying amongst it. We stayed at Hyatt Place in Anaheim and had no dramas there either. It was walking distance to Disney and had clean rooms. Good luck planning your trip! I think that's the best part!
Thanks so much for the info, sounds like you had a great trip.
I'm glad to hear you were happy with Hyatt House as that's where we are planning on staying and that the walk was not too far to the parks.
I'm pretty sure we will stay in El segundo and do day trips like you said.
Sorry to hear you daughter was unwell at the start of your trip, hopefully she felt better pretty quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter