[Ranting; I apologize] Do you know what I hate?

Ampris

<font color=brown>Treasure Planet fanatic<br><font
The sound of buzzsaws. I can't stand it.

Know why? Because 90% percent of the time that sound means trees are being slaughtered, and often for no reason. This morning the neighbor across the street had a tree-service over to maim a pair of huge, old tree growing in her backyard by slicing off every single branch more than four feet taller than her one-story house, and in a just a few hours the formerly lovely, spreading branches have been stripped down to a bunch of stumps jutting out of the trunk. Just like that. No more fresh buds in the Spring, no more fluffy greenery to shade the house in Summer, no changing leaves in Fall. And sure, she's got other trees, but these two were so large and impressive that there's a huge gap in the skyline, and I know it won't be the same for a long, long, time. I've looked at those trees practically every day since we moved here four years ago, and now they're gone. :(

The sound also reminded me of the ravaging of Ft. Wilderness that's been happening recently. Now THAT was depressing, pulling into the campground that we've known and adored for years to find that they've been destroying trees, brush, and plant life in general indiscriminately. It looks awful. There's nothing else to say about it. I don't care if it makes the customers who bring their fifty-foot rolling mansions happy and demand that the campgrounds they visit pander to their whims or idiot-proofs the campground against people who would get in an accident and blame Disney, it looks freaking terrible and very much changes the mood of the campground. (100 acres of lush woodlands? Hah! My foot.)

I also had to wake up to the done of saws and falling wood last week, while we were camping there. The company they contracted would to each morning to tear up some more trees didn't seem to care who's sleep they interrupted or how close they came to the campsites and were apparently under some vague orders to clear out lots of the trees and brush so you could see through them (And we would want this... why?) and to make the place more "bonita". You should have seen the two-thousand loop- it was LITERALLY gutted. They had gone in and torn up every square foot of woods in the center of the loop and only left a spare tree or two here and there so the place wasn't completely barren, even though the wreckage on the ground was so striking that the pitiful amount of survivors didn't really help much.

Ever see Michael Jackson's 'Earth Song' video? The bit where he's walking among dead, burning trees and such? Yeah, it was like that. Except not on fire, 'cause that would be tantamount to a lawsuit, and everyone knows that a lawsuit is to be avoided at ALL costs. Even killing hundreds and hundreds of trees, bushes, vines, and flowers, and, naturally, the animals living therein, that have been growing there since who-knows-when. And lemme tell you, all those dead Cyprus trees won't be coming back anytime soon, that's for sure. They're gone, and there won't be any trees like them or any of the other victims for a very long time.

I hate buzzsaws.

I dislike chalk and chalkboards.
Ew I HATE them. They are all chalky..
And I hate the noise it makes when you write with chalk.
I hate the noise it makes when because erase with their hands.
I hate how chalk feels.
Okay mini rant over. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter