Random WDW Info - I Never Knew!

For our children, TT was never a problem. It was just like a saturday shopping trip with mom driving!!! LOL

- Did you know that there is a "lost" Disney princess? In 1986, Disney released their 25th animated film "The Black Cauldron", featuring the long-haired blue-eyed "Princess Eilonwy".
- Speaking of Disney Princesses, did you know that Giselle from the film "Enchanted" was supposed to join the ranks of the official Disney Princesses after that film came out in 2007? That year there was even a Toy Fair where a Giselle doll was displayed in packaging that declared her to officially be a part of the princess line. However, soon enough somebody at Disney realized that, since Giselle was based on the appearance of real-life actress Amy Adams, they would have to pay her life-long rights for the use of her image. While I'm sure Amy Adams would have been fine with that (can you say "early retirement"?), Disney decided it wasn't worth the cost. This is why, even though Giselle does occasionally appear in parades and whatnot at the parks alongside the other princesses, she's not officially one of them.

I remember seeing The Black Cauldron but didn't remember that it was Disney. So funny!

I just assumed that Giselle didn't become an official princess because it would be incredibly difficult to find so many Amy Adams look-alikes (think of how many "Cinderella's" they must have on payroll. Jack Sparrow is easy to recreate with a wig and loads of makeup.

Thank you for this, my youngest and I are enjoying our morning with these Disney documentaries!!

Only downside is he keeps telling me how much he wants to go on the Snow White ride, UH OH (lol).

You're welcome :thumbsup2

'Course when I watch the Disney Cruiseline one, I sound like your son about Snow White and I was never interested in cruises, not even a Disney cruise til I watched it.....seriously great marketing. I was immediately assimilated :sail:

Oooh, Just remembered another one.

Did you know that the roads around Disney are designed with soft curves to simulate hills in the flat Florida land? Walt thought it would be more pleasant than having that "this road stretches on into eternity" feeling when people just wanted to get to their destination.

That man was incredible.

I was told by someone who did an internship in wdw a few years ago... said WDW has the most incredible security you could ever imagine, like its FBI worthy. When you enter the park at the turnstile, there are cameras/scanners (not in sight) that scan your face and if you are on the terrorist list it will catch it. Also, I was curious myself and mentioned... how after 9/11 they started bag checks. And to me, I’m thinking... They don’t really do much they look in your bags and that’s it. He says there’s more than you know... Like cameras and crazy high tech things that you cannot see but are there to pick up any explosives and such. Is this true? He seemed pretty serious.

This is a great thread! I'll add one...The "people" that play Snow White and Ariel are not allowed to get tan. For Ariel, there is no sun on the bottom of the ocean for her to get tan with.

Hopefully I can think of more to share.

This is a great thread! I'll add one...The "people" that play Snow White and Ariel are not allowed to get tan. For Ariel, there is no sun on the bottom of the ocean for her to get tan with.

Hopefully I can think of more to share.

I think you mean the friends of Ariel and Snow White ;)

I was told by someone who did an internship in wdw a few years ago... said WDW has the most incredible security you could ever imagine, like its FBI worthy. When you enter the park at the turnstile, there are cameras/scanners (not in sight) that scan your face and if you are on the terrorist list it will catch it. Also, I was curious myself and mentioned... how after 9/11 they started bag checks. And to me, I’m thinking... They don’t really do much they look in your bags and that’s it. He says there’s more than you know... Like cameras and crazy high tech things that you cannot see but are there to pick up any explosives and such. Is this true? He seemed pretty serious.

I like to imaginee that the hairy-leg pirate is really a security guard in disguise.

Sounds like a TKE rush party at East Carolina University.:rotfl2:

Back in the days, I think Beta Epsilon chapter at Tri State University could give you a run(beer run that is) for your money.:thumbsup2 TKE and Disney...Huh, never made the connection:lmao:

I remember another one that I was told, but have no confirmed yet. When they were building the living seas, they forgot a cement mixer in the tank, and they had no way of getting it out, so they turned it into corral.

I remember another one that I was told, but have no confirmed yet. When they were building the living seas, they forgot a cement mixer in the tank, and they had no way of getting it out, so they turned it into corral.

You mean like a truck? Highly unlikely since they would have to drain all the fluids and clean it all out. At that point it would be easier to just cut it up and haul it out. Too much risk to the fish.

And how do you forget a concrete mixer?

You mean like a truck? Highly unlikely since they would have to drain all the fluids and clean it all out. At that point it would be easier to just cut it up and haul it out. Too much risk to the fish.

And how do you forget a concrete mixer?

I'm sure its not a truck...it's one of the ones where you turn it by hand. They aren't too big. Sorry I can't describe it better. You mix it by hand in it, usually when you don't need too much concrete i guess, its good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!