• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

Raglan Road & Mama Melrose's - BEWARE!

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
I have been meaning to post this, but I wanted to briefly mention how horrible these two restaurants were during our December trip this year. Mama's had always been a fav until this trip. The food and service were absolutely horrendous and we will not be back there.

Raglan Road is a waste of precious Disney space and I made sure to tell a Disney research employee this when she approached me after eating there. We had reservations and had to wait 2 and a half HOURS to get seated one night. Once there, the food was mediocre. THUMBS DOWN!

2 and half hours!!!:confused3 That's awful, we would have complained loudly & finally gave up. Sorry you had such a bad time.

21/2 hours is totally unacceptable! I would have had a hard time waiting that long. We ate there in January and had one of the best meals I've ever had at Disney. The service was great, as far as the waiter was concerned, he even brought me a complimentary loaf of soda bread to take with me. And my daughter got a comp dessert because it was her bithday. However, this place is not owned by Disney and they sure let you know that in the gift store and at the host/hostess desk. I think between the the two I heard that at least 4 times. It was a little disconcerting, because they made it sound as if Disney was the enemy or something. That was the only thing that turned me off about Raglan Road. The rest. itself is beautiful on the inside and I thought the food was great. I had salmon, some of the best I've ever had and my daughter had the fish fry and her friend had shepards pie. They do have an Irish menu which might not appeal to some. Sorry you had such a bad experiance.

We always enjoy the Raglan Road food, so I guess the food issue is more of a matter of opinion than otherwise. Many people like the Artist Point salmon, and I find it mediocre. You are exactly right about the waits, though. In December, they were having a big problem managing the crowds & their reservations. We were there for dinner on Christmas day and had to wait about 30-40 minutes for a table, which I find excessive, considering that we had reservations. They were telling people without reservations that it was a 3 hour wait!

The problem seems to only have existed in December, when park attendance was up, since we've been there before & after without incident. They definitely should have managed their reservations better, though; I get the feeling that they took more reservations than they could handle in an appropriate time frame.

I like that they're not Disney owned. They haven't been slammed by the push for standardization that's sweeping all the Disney restaurants, even the signature ones.

Cheers!
Heather W

I'm so sad you had such a bad experience! Especially with Raglan Road! We loved it there last time we went (our service wasn't great, I'd agree), and we are going again in June.

What was the excuse they gave you for such a long wait? Did you confirm that they had your ADR?

I've eaten there twice and never had any wait. Maybe we were just lucky.

Food wise I think its nice because most of the stuff you can't get in many places in America (for exampled battered sausages which are now on the apertiser menu). I've only ever eaten the Mushroom rissotto as a main but everyone I've eaten with has enjoyed there's from Fish & Chips to Shepherds pie.

We ate at Raglan Road last week and, while the food was okay, the service was just horrible. First, they had lost our ADR and even though I had my confirmation number, we waited at least 30 minutes for a table (and the restaurant was in no way filled). We waited forever for appetizers (almost an hour) and after they finally arrived, the entrees arrived just three minutes later. The waitress was nowhere to be found, and once we voiced our complaint to a manager, he offered to buy us dessert. After almost 2 1/2 hours to get through dinner, we were too tired and irritated for dessert (plus, my 5 year old was falling asleep). He then offered a 20% discount on our tab (which we would have gotten anyway with our DDE card). At that point, we took the 20% and just left.

The food was, as I said, okay, but certainly not worth the wait. I thought much of the food was pretty greasy, but I liked the goat cheese appetizer and we enjoyed our beer. But there are better dining options in Downtown Disney (particularly any of the Wolfgang Puck eateries) that are less expensive and certainly more kid friendly.

Personally we really enjoyed RR! We went in December as well. They asked us if we didn't mind waiting a few extra minutes when we stepped up for our ADR, and when we got seated we were seated at the best spot ever- a comfy chair setup by a fireplace! It was an anniv trip and they were so awesome to us! I thought the food was really good, but I'm into Irish food for sure. we prob wont return next time but its only because there are so many new places to try but im sure we will be back eventually! Sorry u had a bad time there!

We love RR also, at first we had to wait for about an hour for a table. I guess the manager saw us sitting at the bar all that time and found us a table right then and bought the adults a round of drinks for the inconvenience. Very nice of him. To be honest, I never realized the wait, we were enjoying sitting at the bar talking with the bartender. The food was excellent and the server was very friendly and who can resist their accents. Just as yummy as the food!

J

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter