Radisson Resort Pkwy 12/7-12/9/06

yecats

Living to vacation.
Bid on priceline for 3* for above dates and received Radisson Resort Parkway ($59 per night). We attempted to get rooms on wdw property but all were booked up months ago (began stay on disney property 12/9 and will be typing that report on resorts board shortly).

We drove to Orlando and arrived near midnight on 12/7. This resort can be seen from I-4 at exit 64B but there was a lot of roadwork being done at that exit and we missed the turn off and had to exit at the next exit and get back on I-4. When you exit Parkway is the first red light right after you exit (have to cross many lanes of traffic or go past light and u-turn).

I walked in right at midnight and no one was in line and lobby was quiet. I was assigned room 5103 and given instructions on key code needed for security gate and parking and which building to park outside of.

4100 Renovations - Parked and noticed that some renovations were going on around the building I was close to. My grandmother was in a wheelchair and everything was accessible and fairly easy to manuever through or around. In order to get to the room you had to walk through the 4100 section of rooms which were all the rooms that were undergoing renovation (scalffolding was outside of this area only). These bedroom doors were not locked and some were propped open to where you could see that rooms were being worked on and there were buckets, brooms and occasional hammer as you walked down this hallway to access the 5100 hallway.

Room 5103 - was in very good shape and clean and on the first floor. It did not smell or have mildew in the bathroom. There was a bit of damage to the wall behind the back of the toilet (proababe past water damage) but nothing major. Bathroom is a bit cramped and fogs easily while bathing so cracked door after bath to vent out. Plenty of towels were left there. Closet has medium sized safe and also holds iron and board with extra pillows. Next is the area with refrigerator and coffeepot and cups with coffee and tea packets.

2 full beds had nice comforters on them. The only problem I had with the beds is that they are very close together (only about 8 inches of space in between those beds). There was a dresser with tv, table and 2 chairs and sitting chair next to the bed and an end table. We had plenty of room to put our luggage (we had small luggage for first part of stay as we were moving to disney in a few days) and had enough room to put grandmother's wheelchair against the windows which left plenty of room to walk around.

Laundry - I had been on the road for a few days before this so I had to do some laundry which I did the night of 12/8. As we had been running around all day it was around 10 pm when I started the laundry. The washing machine was fine but the dryer did not nearly dry the clothes even with 2nd load (didn't complain as I was tired and leaving early in a.m.). Also there were a set of broken machines on the second floor which only left 1 working set that I could locate on the 2nd floor.

Deli, Entertainment and general hotel look - We did get breakfast in the deli (croissants, muffin and milk) and I think cost about $11. There were plenty of things to buy if you wanted drinks or snacks. 12/8 there was a singer playing guitar in the lobby with some food being served (I don't know if this was a party or for the hotel guest). The pools, hot tub and sit-down restaurant are all very easy to reach with a short walk (rest. was a bit high on breakfast prices but not any worse than any other hotel). It was chilly the first few days I was there so I didn't see anyone in the pool but several people were in the hot tub. The property was lush and seemed in good shape and my grandmother didn't have a problem getting around in her wheelchair.

I didn't have any problems with my stay here. Please let me know if you have any questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter