Radisson Resort Parkway

I came upon this thread accidently and now I must ask: how many Radisson resorts are there in the Orlando area?

My DH won a free trip for two at a golf tourny. Part of the package includes three nights at the Radisson Worldgate Resort in Orlando. We were planning on using the trip voucher in the fall of 08. Is this the same resort you are commenting on in this thread? (this one is suppose to be about 1 to 1.5 miles from WDW) I guess I just would want to reconsider our plans if the hotel is sub par.

Thanks Anc96. The rate I am getting online is somewhat better than mousesavers (actually I can beat almost every rate they give!). I have to admit I am a bit lost as to where I will go! I dont even know if now is a good time or whether I should wait a few months!

There are currently two Radissons within Orlando: the Radisson Resort Celebration (the hotel being discussed within this thread) and the Radisson Worldgate Resort (where you're scheduled to stay). Early next year the former Days Inn Lake Buena Vista -- which has been closed & under renovation for about a year -- will be re-flagged as the Radisson Inn Lake Buena Vista. The Holiday Inn Express Lake Buena Vista (located on Palm Parkway...also mentioned within this thread) was recently re-flagged from a Radisson (after extensive renovation).

Remember to be subjective when reading reviews: there are plenty of people who will not like a property unless it's Disney-owned, operated & themed, regardless of how wonderful it may be. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not a reason to degrade a perfectly fine property.

I've stayed at both the Radisson Resort Celebration and the Radisson Worldgate. I perfer the former but both are excellent properties. The Worldgate was suppose to receive a renovation after I stayed there.

mouseketeer_mom said:
I came upon this thread accidently and now I must ask: how many Radisson resorts are there in the Orlando area?

My DH won a free trip for two at a golf tourny. Part of the package includes three nights at the Radisson Worldgate Resort in Orlando. We were planning on using the trip voucher in the fall of 08. Is this the same resort you are commenting on in this thread? (this one is suppose to be about 1 to 1.5 miles from WDW) I guess I just would want to reconsider our plans if the hotel is sub par.

Hi Folks, Radisson Celebrations is a diamond in the rough. It is a great hotel and you can book it right on the DIS website at the following link. We have the best rates out there and booking through our link also helps support the running of the boards.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/RadissonPrkwy/index.htm#rad

Please note there are some great prices available for dates in December right now.

December 8 - 11: Now available at $87.00
December 12 - 14: Now available at $59.00
December 15 - 16: Now available at $77.00
December 17 - 21: Now available at $59.00
December 22 - 25: Now available at $77.00
December 26 - 31: Now available at $177.00
Pricing may change at any time so book early.

We stayed Friday, Dec1 and Saturday, Dec 2. The toliet leaked and I had to open the tank to fix it myself, :sad2: and we paid $10 each day service fee and for what? :teacher: I called the front desk to ask what that included and she was a smart @$$, and we never got our bottled water in the room- I had to ask several people, several times, they finally gave me a voucher for 2 bottles on our last day at their deli, I had to wait in line 15 minutes with 2 small children, just to get the water and there was only 1 person ahead of me! :hourglass
Oh yea, and the safe in the room didn't even work! Someone had locked it prior and front desk said sorry....Oh and their bus service- SUCKS! The first time using it...we missed the MK bus by 3 min, had to jet over to Epcot, missed that bus by 4 min, had to jet back over to MK and wait till 11:30 pm to catch the LASt bus of the night. Me and my DD,4 and DS,2....this journey started at 9:15pm- the kids and I were POOPED, and the bus driver only dropped us off at the front of the hotel rather than taking us to our bus stop by our room, when I asked if he could drop us off at our bus stop- he said no :confused3 we had to walk completely around the building and down 2 long halls to get to our room, I was carrying my 2 year old and back pack and holding on to my 4 year old's hand who was 1/2 asleep and crying becuz she was too tired to walk!
I would highly not recommend this place. I am writing a letter to Mousesavers, not to recommend this place!
Just to clarify: We stayed at the Radisson Resort Parkway- Celebration, not Worldgate...
Thankfully, on Sunday we moved to Old Key West Resort- ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!

Stayed at Radisson Celebration in early April 2007, just needed an inexpensive room in Disney area for one night, got this with Mousesaver rate. To be truthful after reading all the reviews was expecting a mediocre experience, and I was sort of actively looking for problems to crop up. The reality was it was a pleasant experience and I had no problems with the room or the staff. The parking was a little iffy distance wise but was still only a few minutes walk even when we had to park in the lot away from our room location. Nice view of landscaped courtyard/pond and room only a minute away from lobby.

Do not book one of the hotels further down this road at the end of the road unless you don't mind highway noise from I-4 (unless these hotels have really good soundproofing). I walked down that way and there was a lot of highway noise, while the Radisson was pretty quiet.

Phrank

Stayed at Radisson Celebration in early April 2007, just needed an inexpensive room in Disney area for one night, got this with Mousesaver rate. To be truthful after reading all the reviews was expecting a mediocre experience, and I was sort of actively looking for problems to crop up. The reality was it was a pleasant experience and I had no problems with the room or the staff. The parking was a little iffy distance wise but was still only a few minutes walk even when we had to park in the lot away from our room location. Nice view of landscaped courtyard/pond and room only a minute away from lobby.

Do not book one of the hotels further down this road at the end of the road unless you don't mind highway noise from I-4 (unless these hotels have really good soundproofing). I walked down that way and there was a lot of highway noise, while the Radisson was pretty quiet.

Phrank

Thanks so much for posting this. We are staying here 2 night in August before moving onsite. I was getting nervous!

We stayed here (Radisson Resort Celebration) for 2 weeks in July and i find myself wondering what people are complaining about - a lot of people on review sites just seem to complain for complainings sake!!

Hotel was good, staff were friendly, room was nice (especially given the lack of time we obviously spent there with being in theme parks most of the time!), location was convenient!

Would recommend it to anyone, especially at the very good price it seems to come at!!

We stayed Friday, Dec1 and Saturday, Dec 2. The toliet leaked and I had to open the tank to fix it myself, :sad2: and we paid $10 each day service fee and for what? :teacher: I called the front desk to ask what that included and she was a smart @$$, and we never got our bottled water in the room- I had to ask several people, several times, they finally gave me a voucher for 2 bottles on our last day at their deli, I had to wait in line 15 minutes with 2 small children, just to get the water and there was only 1 person ahead of me! :hourglass
Oh yea, and the safe in the room didn't even work! Someone had locked it prior and front desk said sorry....Oh and their bus service- SUCKS! The first time using it...we missed the MK bus by 3 min, had to jet over to Epcot, missed that bus by 4 min, had to jet back over to MK and wait till 11:30 pm to catch the LASt bus of the night. Me and my DD,4 and DS,2....this journey started at 9:15pm- the kids and I were POOPED, and the bus driver only dropped us off at the front of the hotel rather than taking us to our bus stop by our room, when I asked if he could drop us off at our bus stop- he said no :confused3 we had to walk completely around the building and down 2 long halls to get to our room, I was carrying my 2 year old and back pack and holding on to my 4 year old's hand who was 1/2 asleep and crying becuz she was too tired to walk!
I would highly not recommend this place. I am writing a letter to Mousesavers, not to recommend this place!
Just to clarify: We stayed at the Radisson Resort Parkway- Celebration, not Worldgate...
Thankfully, on Sunday we moved to Old Key West Resort- ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!

Wow.. I am so sorry you had such a bad stay.

We've stayed there a few times and our stays have always been very pleasant.

Most hotels in the area have a fee, I think it's called a resort fee, and it's around $10 a day. The Hotel Royal in DTD it's $8 a day, and you don't even get water!, or a refrigerator!

Why did you fix the toilet yourself? Didn't they send someone up?
If not, I think you should have asked for a manager before fixing it yourself. You couldn't get me to fix a toilet!
I also wouldn't have tolerated rudeness from a desk clerk, or anyone.

The first time we stayed there we had a problem with a moldy smell in the room (this was about 3 years ago).. When I called down about it, it didn't seem like they planned on moving us, so I didn't give them an option. I was told "we'll send someone up to check that", I said, there's nothing to "check", it smells moldy, please send the bellman up to get my luggage and change my room. It was done. I was not snotty or rude, I was just firm.
The hotel was undergoing renovations on the roof above us (we were on the top floor of that particular building).. I think it caused the smell. The rest of the hotel, and our new room, smelled fine.

At that stay, I had asked for a refrigerator (at that time it was not standard with the room). Well I called down for it, hung up the phone, and I swear there was a knock at the door a minute later!! It's a joke with my daughter and I how there's some guy walking around the halls with an emergency refrigerator, because I can't understand HOW he got to our room so fast! It was literally like 1 minute, and we were on the 5th floor!

Another visit, the toilet clogged (dd's fault as she put alot of baby wipes in it :rolleyes1 ), and maintenance was up in only about 10 minutes, if that long. He fixed it fast... cleaned everything up, and was very nice to us chatting as he worked. He just laughed when I told him what dd did. He said no need to appologize, he has kids too!

The water does not come to your room, they give you vouchers for it now. The last time we were there the very nice check in woman handed me a bunch of vouchers! They are supposed to be one per day, but she gave us about 10-12, 3-coupon strips for a 5 day stay. They were for water, one free drink at the pool bar, and one free drink in the lobby bar. We used all the water ones and I used 2 of the drink ones. I gave away the rest as we were leaving the hotel to a friendly looking group.
The rooms seem to be all the same everytime we go, but they're very nice and pretty spacious (compared to Disney rooms..lol. But I still LOVE Disney!)

I always rent a car so I can't comment on their bus service. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with it!
I am confused as to why you walked all the way around the building if you were left off in front by the bus? The lobby connects to all the buildings directly... the lobby is like the hub and the different sections connect to it. You could have easily walked through the lobby, across it, then go towards your section of the building. Any part of the hotel is only minutes from the lobby because of the way it's set up.

I think when using off property hotel busses you really need to show up early. Anytime I heard of people missing the busses, they are late. The busses seem to leave EXACTLY on time I've noticed. If you are minutes late.. the bus is gone.
I had to go to the kennel at Magic Kingdom to meet a friend this past summer, it was by the off property busses (I'd never known where they were before, never thought about it). There were people there, it looked like 3 different groups of people, that were very angry because they missed their busses... not even the same bus! I didn't understand it. One group had just missed it by about 3 minutes. The other 2 were more than 7 minutes late. You should have heard them! One woman was indignant saying "I TOLD her we would be coming back on this bus... she should have waited for us!!". You gotta be kidding? Like the driver is supposed to even remember these people and what time they were coming back and then supposed to wait for them? One person was calling the hotel to insist the bus come back for them. It didn't seem like they were too successful. There were a couple of other people that missed their bus too.. a couple, and they took it in stride and decided to go to MGM since there was such a long wait for the next bus.

With small children it should be an immediate concern to get to the bus on time. If I had missed a bus with my young kids I would have gotten a taxi for the one time.. I don't think I could have dragged them from one park to another for 2.25 hours to catch a bus to a hotel that's 5-12 minutes away.
I do understand that cost can be a concern, but it's only one time, and it doesn't cost too much because the Radisson is so closeby.

The pool areas were wonderful the last couple of times we were there.. the first time I found it needing some cleaning, and there were no towels. Must have been an off time I guess because the other visits afterwards, there were plenty of towels, there were children's activities, and it was very clean. I still wish they'd heat the free form pool though.

I guess not everyone can have a good stay everytime. I had a pretty bad experience at Wilderness Lodge last year (a wonderful Manager contacted me later and appologized).. the incident would not stop me from going there again because the majority of people have a very good experience, and the manager really did seem to care.
All of my other Disney experiences have been wonderful.. especially this past summer when we were sprinkled with more than our fair share of pixiedust!

I seem to like this property more every time I stay here. For the prices you can book this place for, it's definately worth it! It's not Disney.. I would prefer a Disney property over the Radisson, but I can't always afford the Disney prices.

To compare the Radisson to Old Key West is impossible. OKW, on it's cheapest season for a studio is $279 a night. I've never seen it lower than $189 (that's with the best AP rate I've seen). The Radisson can go as low as $59 at it's cheapest season, and more commonly about $80 - $90 a night.
$189 for OKW compare to $59. How can you compare?
If you can afford OKW rather than the Radisson, why would you even have considered the Radisson?

I use the Radisson, and other off property hotels/resorts, to offset the cost of staying on property, so I CAN stay on property. I had 10 nights off property this year, I paid between $74 (Hotel Royal Plaza) - $89(The Peabody) a night for our accommadations.. this enabled me to afford 10 nights on property at the Beach Club. I would not even try to compare the Hotel Royal Plaza and the Beach Club.. but for what I paid, the HRP was just fine.

Some people don't want to, or can't, pay Disney prices. It's nice that they have some good options out there. I'd consider this Radisson one of them.

I would still recommend this property. Hopefully others will have as pleasant a stay as we have had on our visits.

Stayed there in 2000 and NEVER AGAIN.
Place was yucky.
Went with a large group. Aunt/Uncle/Cousins needed to change room d/t smell.
Our room always had damp floor near A/C.
Pool was nice.
Whole place seemed, I don't know, like a fading diva. :(

Sorry your trip was a disappointment.
Our dear friend and travel agent was shocked too, as their national agency often recommended it as the spot-of-choice off-property. :(

Stayed 1 night at the radisson resort parkway, cancelled after that as it was so bad. We were there Nov 2005, the hotel was having renovation work done so the pool area was noisy.

What killed it for us was the sheets. We had room service come with dry sheets late at night as the previous bedding was cold and damp. All the soft furnishings were damp, even the chairs. Just cold and icky.

Spent the rest of our week at the Omni - a lot more expensive but made our holiday.

Wow massive difference in opinions on this one. Like i've said, it was absolutely brilliant when we went in July, great clean room, excellent friendly staff, very good off-site location.

Guess opinions will never be the same for anything tho

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter