Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration

GoofItUp

DIS Veteran
We are still at the Radisson - our last night here - and I thought I'd post a review while everything is still fresh on my mind. We checked in last Friday (5/30) for a one week stay. DH had a conference at the neighboring Gaylord Palms, but unfortunately the company wouldn't spring for their rates. The Radisson was in the per diem rate, though, so here we are. We paid for the first two nights ourselves at about $60 + tx + $11 resort fee for a total of about $75/night. The rate went up some for the nights following to around $85/night total I think. At that price, I would say the Radisson is ok, but I've not been blown away by it. I also have to admit that I'm very spoiled to staying on-site and really prefer the "Disney feel" of being on-site.

Check-in was easy enough. We pre-checked in on-line before leaving home, so I just had to show a photo id and we were all set. When we got to the room we found everything to be clean and in good order. I started un-packing and realized we needed more hangers. I called to the front and they said they'd send some right up. I then realized there wasn't an iron in the room. I needed one since we had a photo session at SSR and I wanted to iron those clothes. DH called back down to ask them for an iron as well. The next morning there was still no extra hangers or iron, so I left a note for housekeeping before heading out to the parks. Sat night we got in and still no extra hangers or iron. I hung our clothes for the pics in the bathroom and took a hot shower and got most of the wrinkles out.

Getting to/from the parks turned out to be easier than I thought once we figured out the route. I got fairly proficient at it. I hate driving in large cities, when I don't know the way, when there's traffic, when it's raining, at night....you get the idea....but I never had a problem with getting around.

I had been excited to read on-line that they provided a shuttle service to/from Disney and had daily activities scheduled. Once we got here I found out the shuttle service was limited at best. I think it ran 4-5 times in the morning and about the same number in the evening. They only ran to EPCOT, too. The daily activities were a let-down. They didn't have anything that interested me and the things I did see going on (pool games, mostly) looked kind of lame.

We did not eat in the restaurants on-site. I mostly ate at Disney resorts, DTD or in the parks the days we were there. There are also several eating places nearby (Logan's, Subway, Chick-fil-a) that are easy to get to. There's a Publix nearby where we bought sandwich stuff at the first of the trip and ate a few lunches in the room. There is a nice refrigerator, but no microwave. There's been a funky smell I think from behind the fridge. Finally today the housekeeping lady tried to kill it with cleaner, but I think the cleaner is wearing off and the smell returning.

The beds and linens were all comfortable/fine. However, there were 2 nights when washcloths were not left.

Finally, the lay-out has one flaw: you have to sit at the desk to plug in for the high-speed internet access. But, the desk is directly in front of the a/c unit which blows a pretty good wind even on low. I've been turning it off when I sit down at the computer which usually sparks a comment from DH.

All-in-all, for the price, the Radisson is clean, a good location for off-site, and is adequate. It's just missing that resort feel that I get when staying on property. I guess that's what I pay for there! Anyways, if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter