Algebra with X's
and
History

Why do we have to spend most of our life learning about history

when we should be making history?

Why do we spend so many years on math
only to get into algebra which will never help us in real life

Hey,

I think they only reason why we have to learn it. is because some person came along and put it there,

If the cavemen could life without all of these gadgets why cant we?

The last time I hung out with my friends outside on a hot summer day was...Oh yeah..NEVER

I just feeel so....

Empty

I feel like im missing out on a lot

My arms is itchy.

I'm tired, I woke up at 6 this morning. Went to bed at 2. And had to babysit a 3-month old for 2 hours. Plus two exams in accounting. Pff. :(

I'm going to lay down and rest. Bye people.

Mouse, sorry about your school day. :hug:

=\

My mom is vacuuming...
Then I have to vacuum mine.
:D I think she figured out how to put videos on my zune.
So, guess what I'm putting on there first?
Toy Story! Yay.

and
History

Why do we have to spend most of our life learning about history

when we should be making history?
To learn from past mistakes for one thing,
its no use saying "never again" if you dont know what the terrible event was.
And we cannot plough needlessly onwards, looking back is as important as looking forward

I am sooooo tired. I had school for the first time today since Christmas break started. Had to wake up at 5:30 so I'd be able to get my lazy rump together before class started at 8 AND THEN all the teachers did was introductions to all the classes since it was a new term so all I had to do is sit there and listen to them talk for 3 hours. All I want to do is curl up into a ball in a nice warm room and fall asleep. :faint:

yea I know what you mean I truly think we should be learning more valuable things! Like balancing your checkbook and things like that. Although I do have to say history is kinda fun.

(see first post on page)

I love algebra.
I love history.
The again i prefer our english writing tasks to be sent home with us because i can't write in school, i mean i can't start my writing in an hour and some people manage to finish theirs. Plus everyone reads over my shoulder for ideas and to compare. Then they ask me to check theirs and re-draft it as i would write it. They then get majorly offended when i actually change things and just look at me like wth? I just give them my very best 'i'm verry sorry you absoloutely suck at writing and I am somewhere near decent' look.
xD

I do however hate science.

They teach you those things for 2 reasons:

1. State Tests. The more kids that pass the state tests, the more money the school gets. I was in an elementary teaching internship for 2 years and over-heard several of the teachers talking about it. The sad thing is they tell the kids that the material they learn for the state tests will help them once they get to college and yet, once they actually get into college, the professors tell them to completely forget everything they learned in relation to the tests. An example being the proper way to write an essay. I just started college this year and was extremly surprised when I heard them say this.

2. College. Many of the things they DO teach you, however, will help you once you actually get into college. Especually the math stuff. If you are completely clueless on Algebra, there is absolutly no way that you will do well with the college level class unless you go to the school's math tutors every day or get some other form of help. I was in there almost every day last semester. :headache:

They teach you those things for 2 reasons:

1. State Tests. The more kids that pass the state tests, the more money the school gets. I was in an elementary teaching internship for 2 years and over-heard several of the teachers talking about it. The sad thing is they tell the kids that the material they learn for the state tests will help them once they get to college and yet, once they actually get into college, the professors tell them to completely forget everything they learned in relation to the tests. An example being the proper way to write an essay. I just started college this year and was extremly surprised when I heard them say this.

2. College. Many of the things they DO teach you, however, will help you once you actually get into college. Especually the math stuff. If you are completely clueless on Algebra, there is absolutly no way that you will do well with the college level class unless you go to the school's math tutors every day or get some other form of help. I was in there almost every day last semester. :headache:

That was deep.

LOL

I know what you are saying. This year I am doing alot better than I was doing last year. I am in two honors classes! Woot

I always loved physics, it was my best class. On one test, I mixed something up, but my teacher gave me half a mark and wrote "I know you know this!" on my paper.

That was deep.

lol, sorry. This is what happens when you wittness a 7 year old cry because they are worried sick that they won't pass the test and all the teacher has to say is 'Well, me and Miss Kylie had to take the tests too when we were your age so stop your crying right now and do your packet.' It made me so mad. :mad:

BUT ANYWAYZ! OMG! The teacher that I had for physics was like...amazing. Normally I am completly clueless when it comes to things science and math related, but the teacher I had was UBER nice and I actually understood it! I actually made an A in her class! It was amazing. Really, it was. :goodvibes

My physics teacher is kinda...hmmm interesting. it's not my favorite class but I do pretty decent in it. I would have to say history is my best and most favorite class. I don't really like my geometry teacher but we had a test today and I thinked I scored high! *fingers crossed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!