• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions regarding CRT???

tjk2004

Earning My Ears
First, I've read some reports on other websites that you can NOT make ADRs online for CRT. Has anyone else heard/experienced this? I did a trial reservation this a.m. for a date in December for CRT and it appeared like it was going to let me make it but I canceled since it was just a trial.

Also, I'm going to be making my ADRs before booking our vacation package since we're going in January 2011 and the prices aren't out yet (not until August as I was told by Small World Vacations)... when making ADRs for CRT, I'm going to have to pay by credit card, correct? Once I book our package, I will also be adding the DDP... so will we still have to pay for the CRT character meal with our credit card or will it recognize at that point that we have credits we can use for that meal?

We will be going to CRT for the first time in December and when I went online, there was no way to book unless you used a cc and we are using the DDP :). When I called, the CM told me they have to reserve it a certain way if using DDP credits, but she did take a cc in case we decided not to go and didn't cancel in time, as there is a penalty for not cancelling the ressie and not showing up. But if you book by using a cc, I think they charge your cc right away :confused:. I'm not sure how Disney handles it if you are charged and then want to use dining credits, but hopefully someone will come along with that information ;).

You can book CRT online using your reservation and if it includes the dining plan it won't charge your credit card. You still have to provide the number to them though.

CRT is still on the previous online system though so when you go to the page to make a reservation for CRT there is a paragraph towards the top of the page for resort guests & dining plan. This section has a hyperlink which allows you to associate your reservation number with the CRT reservation. If you don't do this then it will make you prepay for the reservation.

I believe (although I've never done it) that if you book CRT before your dining plan you'll need to call the dining line to have them refund the prepayment once your dining plan is booked.

First, I've read some reports on other websites that you can NOT make ADRs online for CRT. Has anyone else heard/experienced this? I did a trial reservation this a.m. for a date in December for CRT and it appeared like it was going to let me make it but I canceled since it was just a trial.

Also, I'm going to be making my ADRs before booking our vacation package since we're going in January 2011 and the prices aren't out yet (not until August as I was told by Small World Vacations)... when making ADRs for CRT, I'm going to have to pay by credit card, correct? Once I book our package, I will also be adding the DDP... so will we still have to pay for the CRT character meal with our credit card or will it recognize at that point that we have credits we can use for that meal?
They were wrong (sort-of ;)).

Online reservations for CRT are indeed possible. There's a couple issues though with them right now (both likely due to the same bug). Note: These issues also apply to the dinner shows

First, "180+10" is not available for CRT online. This is because the dining reservation system is currently not properly picking up the check-in dates on resort reservations.

Secondly (not really an issue for you, but in general), CRT is not picking up associated dining plans on resort reservations correctly. This is forcing a required pre-payment, even if you have an applicable dining plan.

Now, as a note, these two issues don't seem to be happening for quite everyone, but they are happening more often than not. They've been this way since shortly after the new system was released.

For both issues above, the only solution is to call. 180+10 is available over the phone, as is the dining plan option as CMs can manually enter that in.

You can book CRT online using your reservation and if it includes the dining plan it won't charge your credit card. You still have to provide the number to them though.

CRT is still on the previous online system though so when you go to the page to make a reservation for CRT there is a paragraph towards the top of the page for resort guests & dining plan. This section has a hyperlink which allows you to associate your reservation number with the CRT reservation. If you don't do this then it will make you prepay for the reservation.

I believe (although I've never done it) that if you book CRT before your dining plan you'll need to call the dining line to have them refund the prepayment once your dining plan is booked.
There are bugs (mentioned above) that cause issues with the first two. While it may not be happening to everyone, it's surely happening to many.

For the 3rd, it's not entirely correct. While I would assume that some manager style CMs can do this, it's not the norm. Usually they have to cancel and then rebook which can be risky (has the chance of not having the time available). Alternatively, when you show up at the location, you can let them know that you'll be paying with the dining plan and they'll refund you there.

For both issues above, the only solution is to call. 180+10 is available over the phone, as is the dining plan option as CMs can manually enter that in.

That is true, but doesn't help the OP anyway since they won't have a resort reservation yet. So the OP is just as well to go on line at the 180 day mark, book & pre-pay for the reservation and then get the credit back at the restaurant.

That is true, but doesn't help the OP anyway since they won't have a resort reservation yet. So the OP is just as well to go on line at the 180 day mark, book & pre-pay for the reservation and then get the credit back at the restaurant.

Or, once OP does make the package reservation, see if CRT still has the time/date available that OP wants, and if so, book a new reservation with the dining plan attached, and then cancel the old one to get the money back sooner.

Correct, but you should know how I type by now :p. Over-inform to the point of confusion at some times! I think I had gone off on the "you can't book it online" thing, and just kinda wandered. It happens to me a lot.

So... um, yeah. You can book online, but only at 180 days before date of dining (same deal with phone) unless you have all that stuff setup first. Also, you'll have to prepay both online and phone, unless you have all that stuff and a dining plan setup first.

Or something :p.

(A note about tone. Please read the above as me poking fun at myself. I do that a lot, hence the abuse of the :p smiley that I tend to do.

:p)

Correct, but you should know how I type by now :p. Over-inform to the point of confusion at some times! I think I had gone off on the "you can't book it online" thing, and just kinda wandered. It happens to me a lot.

So... um, yeah. You can book online, but only at 180 days before date of dining (same deal with phone) unless you have all that stuff setup first. Also, you'll have to prepay both online and phone, unless you have all that stuff and a dining plan setup first.

Or something :p.

(A note about tone. Please read the above as me poking fun at myself. I do that a lot, hence the abuse of the :p smiley that I tend to do.

:p)

Hmmm.... as one who usually ends up writing WAY more than I originally intended, I get it! :goodvibes

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

Thank you ALL for all of the replies!! I'm going to go with the online route, prepay and then check again once I book our package in August to see if I can get a comparable time, book and then cancel original reservation. If not, I will get the refund when we are there and use our DDP. Or maybe we will decide not to use the DDP, but I'm assuming we will. Thanks again! Love this forum. :cheer2:

I was able to make a 180+10 online reservation for CRT late this morning. :woohoo:

At 6 a.m., the online system initially would not go past 180 days from today's date, so I decided I would have to call at 7 a.m.

Interestingly, I was not allowed to make the reservation over the phone either. I have three DVC reservations that were linked together months ago after my waitlist came through. Unfortunately, on the ADR system computers, the combined reservation was still showing as three separate reservations with three different confirmation numbers, even though I have a hardcopy confirmation showing that it is actually one continuous reservation.

Anyway, the person on the phone for Disney Dining would not book any reservation beyond the first night of our visit, and told me that I would have to call back tomorrow, which is 180 days before the beginning of our "second" reservation.

This was extremely aggravating, because DVC Member Services told me that all three reservations were indeed linked together under the first confirmation number.

So anyway, I went back online today, and somehow got the CRT reservation system to work with my first confirmation number. The only thing I did differently was that I logged in using my DVC member login.

I booked ours online last month for Setpember. It went through fine, except apparently it didn't recognize our reservation number and my cc was charged immediately. I called and was told when I got there to give them the cc that was charged and they would issue a credit, but it couldn't be done until I got there. The only other option was to cancel the exsisting ressie, get a credit and re-book. However there were no available times and she couldn't guarantee she could cancel and re-book quick enough to get back the original ressie (did that made sense???:laughing: )

Anyway I guess all you wanted to know was - yes you can book it online. At least a month ago you could :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter