Questions re: Busch Gardens Va/Paramount Kings DominionVA

Bob O

<font color=navy>Voice of Reason<br><font color=re
Next week im going to Busch Gardnes Williamsburg and Paramount's King Domion VA as part of a coaster event. I havent been to either park in a couple of years so does anybody have any tips/info to offer to make the visit better???
And how are the carry in polices at the parks regarding bringing on your own munchies/snacks/bottled water????
What places in the parks are good to eat and how are the shows/rides(besides the coasters which im aware of).

The last time we were at Busch Gardens was in 2000 & they've added a bunch since then. We enjoy the non-coaster rides. Among our favorites were the log flume & the rapids ride - similar to Kali River Rapids at AK. Someone always gets soaked! ;) The Pompeii ride was pretty neat too, but gets really hot under the flames at the top of the ride. We pretty much enjoyed everything, though.

Be sure to hit the Pirates 3-D show - it has Leslie Nielsen in it & is a riot!

Haven't been to Kings Dominion.

Deb

Hi Bob O,

We went to BG a couple of weeks ago. Great fun. They've changed quite a bit in the last few years. Added Ireland and some other things (can't remember it all...). We did bring in a few bottles of water. No problems. (Didn't think about reading up on the policies though. Bad us.)

We always like to eat at the "Faust House", in Germany. The live music & dancing is great. And we like German food.

I haven't ridden the coasters in the past couple of years, but we have ridden, "The Big Bad Wolf" and "Alpengeist". They will get your blood pumping!!

Haven't been to KD in a long while. So best to leave that to someone that has. :)

Annemarie

Bob,
King's Dominion isn't nearly as nice or "family oriented" as BG. Last time I went to KD, my bags, stroller, purse etc. were searched. I think they were even doing real "light" body searches on the guys. They didn't pay too much attention to us; however, if you were a teenager or early 20s, you got a more thorough search. Since a lot of locals show up at KD, and without adult supervision, they have more problems. But, in the past few years I don't think there have been any incidences. I also find that the food and employees at KD aren't the greatest. BUT, you're really only there for the rides, right? They have some good coasters there and I'm sure you'll have a nice time. But, I think you'll enjoy BG much more.

Thnaks for the heads up Christine!!!
I have visited both parks and i couldnt agree more that BGW is alot better in terms of atmosphere/food etc. Im going to PKD mainly for the ride and not the theming, but hopefully going on weekdays and not weekends it will be slower and a nicer/less rowdy crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter