Questions for the cruisin' ladies!

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
1. Does anyone have a "must do" wardrobe item to bring on the cruise?

2. How many times a day do you change clothes?

3. How many swimsuits do you bring?

Whoops....I meant to put this on the Podcast Cruise board. My bad!

Mods move as needed!!! Mea culpa!

1. Mine is a pashmina or wrap of some sort. The dining rooms can be chilly, and so are a number of other areas on the ship.

2. For me, generally twice a day - day wear and dinner wear. I keep the dinner wear very basic and accessorize accordingly (see #1).

3. It depends upon how much pool/beach time you anticipate. We will be traveling with 3 kids this cruise, so I'll pack 2. Usually it's 1 and it never sees the light of day.:cool2:

Let's see...

1. Dinner dress is cruise casual to semi-formal - definately have to change for dinner every night. Sometimes change to do shore excursion, then go to gym, then pool. Well you get idea.

2. Pirate night accessories - I have an inflatable sword

3. 2 bathing suits - the pools and hot tubs and spa. Want to have a dry one around.

4. layers. A/C can be tricky.

5. Baseball hat and sunglasses - and leash for glasses if they are prescription (good for playing in water at Castaway Cay)

6. I like having water sandals for Castaway Cay

We pack shorts for water sports -- if we wore swim suits we'd get harpooned.

Disney dinners are more relaxed/casual dress than other cruise lines.

1. The dining rooms can be chilly. Some kind of sweater or scarf.

2. I change outfits twice a day - since I normally wear long pants, sometimes it's only to change the shirt for dinner. Everything coordinates. Each top has to match 2 bottoms, and visa versa. Fabreeze is my friend.;)

3. I pack 1 suit. But I'm not a 'lay by the pool' person.

I also pack something to wear for pirate night.

I have a light jacket or scarf to have with me at dinner.....

I change once...I normally wear jeans or shorts during the day, so for dinner I change into something nicer.

Last cruise, I took 2 bathing suits, but it was so cold, that they never even got unpacked.

I don't like to dress up, but will change into a nice pair of black pants for dinner. That's will have to do on the "formal" night on the Fantasy as well.

I have never used a pool on a cruise ship, so I usually don't bother bringing a swimsuit. Besides - if you go to St. Maarten, you don't even need one at Orient Beach! :rotfl2:

I started this thread and I've come up with another question:

What kind of hair dryers do they have on the Dream? Will attachments fit on them?

watermark.php

Proof that Mike takes pictures of EVERYTHING. be warned. :lmao:

I bring my own hair dryer. The ones on the ship aren't very powerful.

Two swimsuits, I hate putting on a damp swimsuit.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!