Questions about tickets/AP

BRdadx3

Earning My Ears
First of all, thanks to all the posters for all of the great help!

We are headed to RPR soon. I booked 2 rooms at RPR for my family of 5. I originally booked the rooms at the standard rate and then saved a lot by changing that to the AP rate.
I know people have posted that I should be able to just use 1 AP for the 2 rooms, but I found on the Universal website somewhere that I needed 1 AP for each room. I was also told by the reservation person on the phone that I would need 2 APs. Not that big of a deal - still big enough savings. I have not purchased my park tickets yet.
We expect to arrive at RPR around Midnight. I am not sure if we will want to enjoy the early hour that first morning, since we will be getting there so late, but I don't want to miss out in case everyone gets up.
So, for tickets - I was thinking of buying all 4-day passes and upgrading 1 or 2 to AP as needed for the room discount. I would not have a problem buying the AP ahead of time, but I think that if I buy the AP online, I will need to go to the ticket counter before I enter the park for the first time to get the pass. If I buy the 4-day tickets, I think I can print them at home and just use them to enter the parks, without the need to go to the ticket desk - is this correct?
For upgrading to AP from normal tickets - is this ALWAYS allowed if I buy the tickets from Universal online? I want to buy the 4-day passes to ensure we can get in early on day 1, but I need 1 or 2 APs for the hotel room discount. But if there is a chance that I won't be able to upgrade the 4-day to an AP, that would be bad. So is it always allowed that I would be able to upgrade to an AP once in the parks?

Thanks again for all your help!

You do not have to show the AP at check in time

But to keep the AP room rate, you need to show the AP before check out day to keep the discounted AP rate

Use the day pass the first day and upgrade 2 of the passes while in the park that first day

Show the AP at the check in lobby desk and have it noted on your file

Thanks for the response! I was thinking that was the way to go, but then I got worried that maybe it wasn't a sure thing that they let you upgrade to an AP.

Lots of peeps buy tickets and upgrade to an AP once in the park

Very common thing to do

Have fun on your stay there!

I thought you could have two rooms on one AP. So at checkin ask. If they aren't strong enough in their answer, upgrade one and show it to them and see then. If you really do need the second, do that. And then start planning future trips inside the year. ;)

Just ask them at checkin when they'll need to see the AP, too. Just to set your mind at ease.

There's ONE ticket on undercovertourist that they aren't allowing to be upgraded, like a buy 4 days get 2 more free or something like that. Look around for ticket questions on this Uni resorts board and the regular Uni board.

Rpr has allowed the 2 rooms w/AP discount when it has been one family with young children of 4 or 5 of them

Dad in one room with mom in the other due to the minors
Usually this happens with 2 adults and 4 kids

And usually a connecting room

I looked back at some of the older threads and read where it was allowed

Kids ages ranged from 6 months to 7 yo
Maybe it was allowed as it was one entire family
The mom, dad and the minor children

I will certainly try to get the 2 room discounts with one AP. I have requested connecting rooms. My kids aren't that little anymore - 3 sons 20, 18, and 14.
I will. Let everyone know how it works out.
Looking very forward to our upcoming family trip to Universal.

My 20yo son was just talking to me about the trip and said it would be great if we could get "fast passes," because it is going to be pretty crowded. I told him "No problem, we got it taken care of." His response - "Very cool, Dad! "

We are here at RPR now. My husband and I upgraded our passes in Aug to APs to get room discount then and again now. For our kids (who weren't along in Aug) we bought 4 day P2P passes from Undercover Tourist for $282 ea. After we used them at the park I inquired at the hotel near the express pass machines, where you can buy park passes about upgrading their tickets to Season Passes. All three kids and my Mom are now Season Passholders and it didn't cost one penny for any of them!!! You just have to do it after you have used the tickets once but before you use them on the last day. Technically before you leave the park on the last day. So I did it on day 2 of our 4 day trip

I have booked 2 rooms on multiple occasions with my AP. 1 for me and one for other family members or friends. I don't know what the official policy is but I've never had an issue.

We just got back from a really nice stay at PB and I upgraded my ticket on the second day to an AP. I did it at the desk right outside of the club level lounge. We really were not planning a return trip next year but after the fun time we had at the resort I also upgraded my husbands ticket to an AP and canceled an upcoming trip to Disney in Feb. Not sure when we will be returning but for $20 it seemed silly not to upgrade both of them.

So reading above, we're allowed to use a full day of a 3-day ticket on first day, then go back into park on 2nd day and still be able to upgrade?

Reason I ask: our 1st day at studios is during a Mardi Gras concert - and seasonal pass is blacked out. Universal told me that if I upgrade during that 1st day from reg tic to seasonal pass-- even after I'm already in the park - I'd have to leave the park. But if I upgrade on a "non-concert" day, I could upgrade to seasonal and stay in the park.

So thinking I'd use tics first day, then convert to Seasonal the next. Would that work?

So reading above, we're allowed to use a full day of a 3-day ticket on first day, then go back into park on 2nd day and still be able to upgrade?

Reason I ask: our 1st day at studios is during a Mardi Gras concert - and seasonal pass is blacked out. Universal told me that if I upgrade during that 1st day from reg tic to seasonal pass-- even after I'm already in the park - I'd have to leave the park. But if I upgrade on a "non-concert" day, I could upgrade to seasonal and stay in the park.

So thinking I'd use tics first day, then convert to Seasonal the next. Would that work?

Yes. That is definitely the best way to go about it.

Reactions: shh
Yes. That is definitely the best way to go about it.

Is GS inside the park the only venue to upgrade to a Seasonal Pass? I have a two-day Park to Park ticket. Can I use it for park entry on the first day and upgrade before entering the park on the second day, or do I have to upgrade at the end of the first day? If I stay in the park till park closes, will GS still be open when I exit the park? TIA dear UO experts!

guest services inside, don't leave until park until everyone in line for them is helped
Outside GS will also be open

They don't leave at park closing

There are guest services outside the park
It's before you go to the ticket gate

If you have a 2 day p2p ticket, you can upgrade it before you leave the park on that second day

guest services inside, don't leave until park until everyone in line for them is helped
Outside GS will also be open

They don't leave at park closing

There are guest services outside the park
It's before you go to the ticket gate

If you have a 2 day p2p ticket, you can upgrade it before you leave the park on that second day

Good to know that I can upgrade after entering park on the second day using the last day of the ticket. This is great! Thanks! I would probably upgrade as I leave the park on my first day. It's good to know I do have other options.

:thanks:

Where did you find out that the Seasonal Pass is blacked out during Mardi Gras? Online it says the Seasonal Pass includes Mardi Gras. I'm trying to do the same thing as you and would hate to not be able to go to the parks during my vacation. Thanks in advance!

Where did you find out that the Seasonal Pass is blacked out during Mardi Gras? Online it says the Seasonal Pass includes Mardi Gras. I'm trying to do the same thing as you and would hate to not be able to go to the parks during my vacation. Thanks in advance!

Don't remember exactly the places where it states it - maybe look in fine print on website page? It states that seasonal passholders are excluded from "concerts". Mardi gras has concerts in US park on Saturdays and some Sundays during the Mardi Gras event. On days with concerts, seasonal passholders cannot get into that park. You can go to IOA. And you can go on any other mardi gras day. But we're going over weekend and didn't want to be limited.

You can go during Mardi Gras, but the block-out dates include concert dates. You can go to IOA during those dates. It states all this in the details for the seasonal pass.

Blockout Dates (apply to both Universal Studios Florida™ and Islands of Adventure™):
  • December 21, 2016 – January 3, 2017
  • April 8, 2017 - April 22, 2017
  • June 10, 2017 - August 13, 2017
  • December 21, 2017 - December 31, 2017
  • Any concert date (If there is a concert during a non-blockout date, Seasonal Passholders will only receive access to Universal’s Islands of Adventure™, but not Universal Studios Florida™)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter