• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions about Pet ID for Kids

TandyR

DIS Veteran
We have just adopted a new cat and I am about to order a pet id tag for the cat....the place I order from makes each tag cheaper when you order more then one. I got to thinking that maybe I should order tags for my girls in case they got lost at WDW. I am not 100% sure what I put on them so I thought I would ask here for ideas. There are 6 lines...so with the cat I do that cat's name, my name, our address (2 lines), our phone number and the vet's phone number. Do you think it is safe to put the girl's name on the tag (it would be either hidden in their shoe or in their shirt)? So maybe the girl's name, my name, cel phone number....should I put down Villa Wilderness Lodge...it is the only place my DH will stay at this point or should I not bother in case he caves to me about staying at the Beach Club Villas some day. Any other ideas or thoughts?

Hi Tandy,

I would put :

You and DH's name
cell phone #
Resort you are staying at ( they are not so expensive that you
could get new one if you win the
resort war ;) .
any medical concern such as allergic to milk.

It might look like this:
If lost contact:
Mickey & Minnie Mouse
Cell # 555-555-5555
Wilderness Lodge
MILK ALLERGY

I agree with Jordan's Mom. I did this when I took my nephew, age 5. I had a pet tag made and this is the info I had on it and how it fit on each line:

If lost please call
Aunt Mary Smith
123-456-7890 or
222-222-2222
Staying at
Boardwalk Villas

This way they had my name, how I was related to him, the hotel we were staying at (and again, my name to verify that reservation, if needed, since the reservation was in my name), my cell phone and my sister's cell phone. She was with us on the trip, too. I listed her number second, without listing her name. This way his name was not on the tag at all. I tied it upside down so the words didn't show into his shoelaces. His tennis shoes were blue and white and I ordered a blue tag with white letters, so you really didn't even notice it. He knew it was there, though, in case he needed to show it to a cast member.

Someone gave me this website about a month ago. The ID Inside child safety identification wristband is the easiest way to feel more secure when your child is in any crowded place. The hidden pocket and disposable ID cards assure that your child's identification and medical information are always up to date. http://id-inside.com is the website. They take paypal payments and its only $5.45. If you don't have a paypal account Paypal gives you $5. Oh yeah id inside delivered VERY QUICKLY. I ordered mine on a Saturday, I think I got it that following Tuesday. Hope this helps:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter