Question for those that have used the DP and have small children in their family.

Twingle

DIS Veteran
We will be visiting WDW again in May, 2007, and the more I look into the DP, the better I like it. I reviewed the receipts I still had from our December, 2005, trip, and if we'd used the DP I would've saved almost $400.00.

When we go in May, 2007, my children will be 7, 3, and 3. Those of you that have smaller children, did you find that you did not pack as many snacks for your day? When we were there in December, I think I could've fed any child within a 20 foot radius of my family - we had EVERYTHING but the actual pantry packed into the diaper bag. I think that if I had the DP, I wouldn't have to carry as many drinks (we could get water/juice for a snack), and I wouldn't have to carry a gazillion snacks (we could get popcorn/pretzles/whatever).

Just looking for some opinions, please! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much! :teeth:

My kids are 6 and 8 and I definitely didn't pack as many snacks as I did 2 years ago. With 3 kids you'd have lots of flexibility. We saved many of our CS desserts and ate them as snacks. Basically as long as you aren't worried about having healthy snacks it works out fine. :woohoo: My kids did really like being able to pick an ice cream or popcorn each day. Many of the kids meals came with packaged things like carrots, mickey crackers, and applesauce which were easy to save for later. I did carry some granola bars but they never got eaten.

Yvonne

Hi there! Our last trip was April "05, when our boys were 3.5 and 17 months old. We had the dining plan, but it was very new, and snack carts weren't very clearly marked with what was available on the plan.

I brought a ton of snacks and drinks into the parks with us, as I was worried about the baby being hungry because he wasn't getting his own meals with the plan. We used the snack credits for Mickey bars, frozen fruit bars and popcorn. With the boys being little, we would usually share them, and not use 3 credits at a time. We ended up with about 7-8 snack credits left, and they went unused. Like I said, the plan was new, and I hadn't heard about people stocking up on the rice crispie treats when they leave WDW!

For our next trip (sometime this fall when the boys will be 5 and almost 3), I won't bring that much stuff with us into the parks. Most of it didn't get eaten, and again, we still didn't use up all of our snack credits.

Hope that helps!

Dani

We went in Jan. '06 with DD4 and DS turned 2 on our trip, so he was not included in the dining plan. I still brought fruit snacks more to keep the little one occupied than anything. Even with 4 eating and 3 on the plan we had plenty of food and snacks. Enjoy your trip!!! :goodvibes

We, also, packed a lot of snacks with us when we went down to WDW last March. We were on the dining plan. We ended up with a ton of snacks left (we gave them to mousekeeping) and also we had extra snack credits left over!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter