Question for baseball fans...

Newliskeardfamily

Mouseketeer
We are thinking of going to California in June. Our family are big baseball fans. We would want to include one MLB game as part of our trip. Which stadium/team is the biggest must see?

SF, Oak, or either of the LA teams?

The one with most history is easily Dodger Stadium. The newest and nicest is ATT in San Francisco. I would choose between one of those two, depending on what your tastes are. Also of course which players/team you like the best. Also, they are nowhere close to each other of course, so whichever fits into your plans better. Angel stadium is like 2 miles from Disneyland if that matters.

Full disclosure, I've been to ATT Park, Oakland Coliseum, and Angel Stadium, but never been to Dodger Stadium.

They seem to be the 2 we are leaning to as well. We saw Trout play (lose) in Toronto last year so that crosses off that need.

They seem to be the 2 we are leaning to as well. We saw Trout play (lose) in Toronto last year so that crosses off that need.

Yeah, probably diehard old school fans would say Dodger Stadium, just because it's older and more historic. Again I've never been there, so can't comment about it much more than that.

But AT&T Park is right on the water, so the views from there are really nice. Home runs that clear the bleachers go into the bay. The stadium is modern and has more upscale dining choices (from a ballpark standpoint, not talking Michelin restaurants). There's bars and restaurants in the area you can visit. The MUNI train runs there as well, you can take the MUNI to the Embarcadero before/after the game. If you want to do more than one game, you can take the BART from SF to Oakland. The BART has a stop at Oakland Coliseum. I think it's a little more convenient than trying to do Angel Stadium and Dodger Stadium.

FWIW, random Google search yields this article ranking the stadiums in the US.
ATT was #1, Dodger Stadium was #4

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...k-fenway-park-and-dodger-stadium-top-our-list

Last edited:

Another vote for ATT - I personally have had seats all over the stadium. The bleachers are fun especially behind left field as you can see relief pitchers warm up. The upper level seats feel very close to the infield & have great bay views, really nice for day games. The park has a great vibe & great fans.
Oakland - the Coliseum is rather depressing these days w/ all those covered seats. Have never been to the Angel's stadium and it's been years since I've been to Dodgers stadium.
Did you consider the Padres stadium in San Diego, Petco Park? It's a really nice ballpark too.

Did you consider the Padres stadium in San Diego, Petco Park? It's a really nice ballpark too.
If you are doing San Diego I also recommend Petco. We have gone there on a couple of trips to San Diego. Great location for restaurants nearby. If you are staying in the Gaslamp or Convention Center area you can walk to Petco. There is also a lightrail/ trolley stop near the stadium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter