Question about weather in mid-late September

bookgirl

DIS Veteran
So I am going to be in London/Paris/Disneyland Paris around the third week of September. Up until a week or so ago I was still planning on shorts/warm weather gear. Then I actually looked at the tourist websites under weather and it started talking about mid 60's with lows in the 50's and websites talking about it being blustery and cold.

To me mid 60's is is Jeans/t-shirt/lightweight Hoodie weather. Maybe even capri and bare arms if the sun is shinning. Then maybe a heavier Hoodie/Jacket at night.

However...I have been watching my vlogs and I follow a few Brits and they have been talking about it being so hot last week...according to accuweather it's been in the low 80's. To me that means comfortable not hot.

I'm thinking Europe may be one of those places where temperatures probably don't mean what they mean to me here in the lower Midwest of the United States.

Is London like Florida with lots of humidity that makes 80 'hot', and is it wet/windy enough in September to make 60's 'cold'?

I can already see 'layers' in my future packing.

Temperature is relative to what you are used to. So as we don't get very hot weather very often when we do it feels hotter to us than to people from a warmer climate.

We do get some pleasant weather in September even the occasional "hot" day - but the days are getting shorter and the evenings can be quite chilly. Layering is definitely the best way to plan but it is unlikely that you'll need shorts. For London I'd be packing capris, lightweight jeans/long trousers, t-shirts, cardigans, sandals, closed shoes/trainers and definitely a light weight raincoat. (Paris is a bit further south but I'd probably pack the same things.)

Thanks that helps. Oklahoma is still warm to hot in late September and I'd still be running around in shorts, Fall lasts like a day here and that usually doesn't hit till mid October, sometimes November.

I'll probably now do something a little closer to the list you have.

I do own a light weight rain jacket that is rated waterproof that I used in Alaska, maybe I'll throw that in. It's not heavily lined so it's good for layering as well.

For me, it's still pretty hot around the London area at the moment.

Paris is generally, a little warmer being further south.

I'd think of end of Sept being roughly what early december is usually like in Orlando.

Keep a close eye on weather reports. We are having a few days of a heatwave at the moment, but it is expected to be back to the seasonal norm by next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter