Question about the Armed Forces Salute Deal

AmericanItGirl

Back in the land of Disney...
I have a question and I don't know if anyone here can answer it, but I'm hoping that someone on these boards has (I've already tried to get clarification by calling WDW Guest Services, but they have proved to be of little help).

I'm an "active" Navy Reservist (SELRES, not IRR), so I know I qualify. This much I confirmed with Guest Services rep to see if I could apply the room discount to my reservation. However, I need to bring "activation papers" with me when I check in. I asked if that meant that I needed active duty orders, and the rep said no, just "activation papers" showing that I was actively serving in the reserves. Would a copy of my contract (either my initial NAT contract or the one that I signed when I transferred over from initial active service to the reserves) suffice? Have any other reservists on here used the discount and know exactly what they mean? My trip isn't until February, but I want to clear it up now so that I'm not left scrambling at the last minute.

If you have a military ID, that's all they will need at check-in. Do you have one?

My husband is retired Army, and we were told all he would need to show is his military ID.

Also, Steve at militarydisneytips.com is a fantastic resource if you can't find an answer to your question elsewhere. Unfortunately, it sounds like the Guest Services Cast Members are a little clueless when it comes to the Salute discounts.

If you have a military ID, that's all they will need at check-in. Do you have one?
I do have one, and I asked if that was enough, but the rep stated that according to their rules, I would still need to bring activation papers "along with a valid id" (apparently, any id) with my name on it (which makes sense if I was Inactive Ready Reserves and had been called up/activated and would some sort of activation document connected with that, but I'm not IRR). I would hope that my CAC card would be enough, since that's enough to buy the Salute tickets at the ticket booths at Disneyland.

I do have one, and I asked if that was enough, but the rep stated that according to their rules, I would still need to bring activation papers "along with a valid id" (apparently, any id) with my name on it (which makes sense if I was Inactive Ready Reserves and had been called up/activated and would some sort of activation document connected with that, but I'm not IRR). I would hope that my CAC card would be enough, since that's enough to buy the Salute tickets at the ticket booths at Disneyland.

The most I have ever been told by a phone CM is that you need an ID. We have never been asked for more than that.

All you need is your CAC. My husband was Army Reserves, active when the AFS first came out and retired the last 2 years. I have used it almost every year with my dependent ID. No problems and nothing else asked for. In fact, one trip the CM asked if I had a driver's license instead of my ID, because it was easier to use for check in.

regards

All you need is your CAC. My husband was Army Reserves, active when the AFS first came out and retired the last 2 years. I have used it almost every year with my dependent ID. No problems and nothing else asked for. In fact, one trip the CM asked if I had a driver's license instead of my ID, because it was easier to use for check in.

regards
Thanks. I was planning on bringing my CAC for sure, but it's nice to know that I don't need a specific document that I don't have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter