Question about SW good neighbor hotel free quick queue

bostontim

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any experience in getting the free quick queue from the Sea World good neighbor hotels? I am wondering a few things about it...does it apply only to bookings made directly with the hotel, or do all rates qualify? Also I noticed the hotels state they receive a limited number of free quick queue wristbands. Have any guests been told that they are out for the day?

I haven't read anywhere that a ticket purchase is required, so I'm hoping I would be able to combine the hotel free quick queue with my annual pass. It does seem like a good value if you factor in that this retails for almost thirty bucks a person some days.

We stayed at a SW on-site hotel in Orlando recently, though I have never heard them referred to as 'good neighbor hotels', I thought that was a Disney term. (?) The on site hotels have a 'local expedia travel expert desk' that hands out the quick queue vouchers the morning you intend to visit the park. The desk at the Renaissance opened at 6:45am so I showed up right then and she sort of laughed at me and indicated that they never run out of quick queue passes. She also didn't care at all if I'd bought park tickets (didn't even ask) so I would assume your annual pass would be fine. I would also think it doesn't matter how you booked your reservation - she did take my hotel key and looked up my name to make sure I was indeed a guest and didn't just walk in off the street (at 645 am in my pajamas!!) and ask for quick queue vouchers. But if you'd like to be safe, call the hotel and ask for the expedia travel desk, you don't want to ask the concierge or hotel desk b/c trust me, they don't know.

And yes, it's definitely a good value!!! We went on JTA 3 times in a row in less than 20 minutes while the entrance for the regular line said 'wait time 45 min from this point.'

Have fun!

We stayed at HGVC Seaworld recently. I booked directly through the Hilton website so I could get a really good AAA rate. I just went to the concierge in the main lobby each morning on our SW days,and asked for 3 Quick Queue vouchers. I only had to tell him my name and room number,and he looked me up on the computer. No problem.We took the vouchers to Guest Relations at SW-never a line-and they gave us our wristbands. Easy! I do know that they did run out of vouchers.Some folks were talking about it on the free shuttle bus,that they were not able to get the vouchers for that day. So,at least at HGVC,it is a good idea to try to get them early in the morning!

Again, something I did not know about.

We will be staying at westgate lakes and I see on their site they are a partner hotel or something like that.

So can you tell me how this will bennefit my group?

I looked on the site but all I saw was complementary transportation.

Oh yeah, one more thing, does anyone know what the discount ticket prices are at the hotel.

We stayed at a SW on-site hotel in Orlando recently, though I have never heard them referred to as 'good neighbor hotels', I thought that was a Disney term. (?)

You're right! Sorry for my Freudian slip :) I believe SW refers to them as official hotel partners or something to that effect. Thanks for the great information.

Again, something I did not know about.

We will be staying at westgate lakes and I see on their site they are a partner hotel or something like that.

So can you tell me how this will bennefit my group?

I looked on the site but all I saw was complementary transportation.

Oh yeah, one more thing, does anyone know what the discount ticket prices are at the hotel.

I believe these are the hotels that offer the free QuickQueue:

• Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
• SpringHill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld
• Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando at SeaWorld
• Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
• Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
• Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld

Can't wait to get there this summer for Summer Nights!

I love these boards because I am always finding out new things. I did not know about the quick queue. What attractions can they be used for? Also if we go 2 days can we just book one night at a "good neighbor hotel" and get the vouchers for both the day we checkin and checkout? Do they offer any thing like this for Aquatica?
Thank you for any replies.

Tank:

Here is a link to the on site hotel benefits:

http://commerce.4adventure.com/EStore/Scripts/Skins/SWF/HotelPackagesMarriott.aspx#

Quick Queue is for the following rides (note, not valid for any rides in the kids area like the carousel or the kids coaster, etc.)

Valid for unlimited front of the line admission at each of the following rides

Manta (Minimum 54")
Kraken (Minimum 54')
Journey to Atlantis (42"; 42 - 48" with a supervising companion)
Wild Arctic (Minimum 42")
Paddle boats (56" to ride alone, 0 - 56" must ride
with a supervising companion)
Skytower (no height restrictions

As far as using it on check in day and check out day, I met someone in the elevator at Renaissance who said they were buying a one day ticket and then participating in the next day free admission program and the hotel would only give them quick queue for that day, not next day free day. But, worth trying!

Have never been to Aquatica so can't help you there. Sorry!

We just returned from SeaWorld. We booked the Doubletree @ SeaWorld through Hotwire (got lucky :goodvibes) Checked in 7/2 - actually we got there several hours before check-in due to getting off a cruise ship so they let us play in the resort while we waited to check in. Before we even checked in I went to the Expedia travel expert desk to find out what time the next morning I would have to go to get the quick queue passes, there was already a sign out (maybe noon time?) that the passes for 7/2 were all given out already. He let me pick up the next days passes (7/3) right then :banana: We were not even checked into the hotel yet! Although he did look up my reservation. No SeaWorld passes needed, well obviously you need them to get into the park but not for the quick queue.

Good to know 3bugs, thanks for posting the info. Hope your day at SeaWorld was a fun one!

We are planning on doing Discovery Cove and then 2 days at Sea World after our cruise. We can get the quick que pass even if we don't book a sea world package at these hotels? That would be so great if I can still get the pass to use with our discovery cove pack.

We booked the Doubletree @ SeaWorld through Hotwire (got lucky :goodvibes)

Hi 3bugs! Sorry to hijack the thread, but wondering how your stay was at Doubletree? I've been looking at staying here for 2 nights in October so we'll be close to SW. Did you like the hotel? And, would you mind sharing what rate you got from Hotwire? Thanks!!

We recently stayed at Hilton Garden Inn at Sea World booked through LMT. We were able to get quick queue passes for our first day, but then they were out the next morning - said they only got a very few and they were gone by 7 a.m. We noticed on our last day as we were checking out that they were out again. I then learned, although too late for us, that you could reserve them 24 hours in advance. This is info that the hotel and Sea World should put out for it's guests. The quick queue was one of the main reasons we booked there.

Hi 3bugs! Sorry to hijack the thread, but wondering how your stay was at Doubletree? I've been looking at staying here for 2 nights in October so we'll be close to SW. Did you like the hotel? And, would you mind sharing what rate you got from Hotwire? Thanks!!

Our rooms were $53/night with hotwire and we got non-smoking, 2-queen tower rooms for that price. We loved the hotel; very nice rooms, awesome pools, and great location for SeaWorld. We did not like paying for parking and they were rather unorganized for us. We tried to check in early at 12:30 or so and the rooms were not ready - no biggie. Tried again at 2 (after a tour of the hotel grounds, getting our quick queues at the travel desk and a lunch at Subway across the street), then were were told the rooms were clean but a housekeeping manager had to approve them. Tried at 3 (the posted check-in time) and were told the same. Tried at 4 and were told one of the rooms was ready but not the other, we had been spending all this time in the pools anyway so we elected to just wait until both rooms were ready. At 5pm both rooms were finally ready but it turned out they gave us the wrong key cards! We had to go back to the desk and get the correct keys - none of this ruined our stay at all but it was annoying. As was our bill when we checked out, they charged us for a water (we didn't drink it) and they charged us $10/night for parking (expected) and $9.81/day for parking (not expected). We told the desk attendant at check-out and they fixed both problems fast and easy but still another annoying thing.

We stayed at HGVC Seaworld recently. I booked directly through the Hilton website so I could get a really good AAA rate. I just went to the concierge in the main lobby each morning on our SW days,and asked for 3 Quick Queue vouchers. I only had to tell him my name and room number,and he looked me up on the computer. No problem.We took the vouchers to Guest Relations at SW-never a line-and they gave us our wristbands. Easy! I do know that they did run out of vouchers.Some folks were talking about it on the free shuttle bus,that they were not able to get the vouchers for that day. So,at least at HGVC,it is a good idea to try to get them early in the morning!

Hey, can you give me a little more info on HGVC. I am looking to book for August 2012 but rates aren't out yet. I'm hoping for a 2 bedroom for 6 nights. I'd love to know what you paiid just out of curiousity and if you don't mind sharing. We have AAA too.

PM if you want too. We are doing the Discovery Cove package and I'm adding the unlimited SW, Aquatica tickets so we can just spend those days doing those parks leisurely.

How is the pool?

There is laundry in the units right?

Is there a grocery store, Publix, near by?

I just want scoop from someone who has been there and I"m having a hard time finding that person ;)

Thanks.

Hello, does anyone know if you can get your Quick Queue voucher to use it on check-out day??
Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter