Question About Roy's

susan137

DIS Veteran
Hopefully someone will know...

I remember reading some time ago that Roy's was part of a larger group or restaurant chain and as such they accepted gift cards from this group or chain as well as their own Roy's GCs. Can anyone confirm this? Any clue what group or chain it is? Or, am I just dreaming that I read this??!!

Susan

Hopefully someone will know...

I remember reading some time ago that Roy's was part of a larger group or restaurant chain and as such they accepted gift cards from this group or chain as well as their own Roy's GCs. Can anyone confirm this? Any clue what group or chain it is? Or, am I just dreaming that I read this??!!

Susan
Doesn't appear to be part of any chain other than Roy's. https://www.roysrestaurant.com/store/gift-card/c-24/p-105

Thanks everyone. I dug a little deeper into this and it appears that they may have been part of Darden at one point (Blooming Brands) as referenced by @alohamom. But that seems to be dissolved or sold. Guess it is only Roy's GCs that are accepted now.

If I eat one dinner in Waikiki.....Duke's or Roy's??

The Roys in Waikiki is located in the "BeachWalk" area and the outdoor tables are city side, not on the beach.The food at Roys Waikiki is amazing. I have been to other Roys locations on Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island as well as in Cali and I found the Waikiki Roys to be one of the better ones.
Dukes is right on the beach and you can get sunset tables, etc. the setting is total kitschy Hawaiiana and the food is pretty good but nothing amazing. The salad bar is really good and the Hula pie is amazing but the entrees and apps are nothing to write home about. Actually, the last time we went, my dish was so oversalted I couldnt eat it.
So you kind fo need to decide what you are looking for. Roys is upscale, excellent food in a street side setting. I personally think Dukes is better for the breakfast buffet but the setting kind of cant be beat.

arrgh my pics are not working if you google Dukes Waikiki inside images you will get a feel for it

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-11_13-12-4.png
    upload_2017-1-11_13-12-4.png
    304.2 KB · Views: 13
arrgh my pics are not working if you google Dukes Waikiki inside images you will get a feel for it
Ok yeah, that's pretty sweet. I guess we'all have to suck that cost up for a "first night in Hawaii" dinner!

There are only I think 2 locations still owned by Roy and the one in KoOlina is one of them. Way better food. Perhaps a group owns all the others (mostly mainland)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter