Question about ride restraints

Elle23

DIS Veteran
Probably a weird question, but...

I was wanting to know if there are any ride restraints in the parks that have a strap that goes between the legs.

I only wear skirts (no pants or shorts) and that is the only time that wearing skirts has been an issue in theme parks, and I'd just like to know so I can be prepared.

Space Mountain goes between your legs. I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

7 Dwarfs Mine Train does as well- you pull the bar down between your legs the same way you do on Space Mt. I am not sure how much either would be an issue, but I suppose it would depend on the length and type of skirt.

The position in which you sit in the ride vehicle in Space Mountain might be a little awkward too, as it's a very low seat, almost like sitting on the ground.

Space mountain and 7dwarfs don't go between your legs..unless I'm understanding the OP differently

The only ride I can think of where there's a strap that goes between your leg is Soarin for children.

I wouldn't consider a lap bar to be as going inbetween legs that would hinder a skirt. However at how low the car is and the position of your legs, I could see Space Mountain being an issue

Space mountain and 7dwarfs don't go between your legs..unless I'm understanding the OP differently

The only ride I can think of where there's a strap that goes between your leg is Soarin for children.

I wouldn't consider a lap bar to be as going inbetween legs that would hinder a skirt. However at how low the car is and the position of your legs, I could see Space Mountain being an issue

True- that was why I was wondering about the length/style of the skirt. A longer, flowing kind of skirt would just bunch a little but not be uncomfortable on either ride. A shorter, tighter skirt could be more of an issue with those bars. Also agree that either kind could be tough getting in or out of Space Mt. because of the lower car/leg position.

I have warn skirts a number of times at Disney ( just a move the knees) I have never had a problem with any rides at Disney

Space Mountain DOES go between your legs.

space-mountain-seating1.jpg

Space Mountain does and Soarin (only if you are short enough that you need the strap to go through the seat belt)

I don't believe any othe rides do.

I have gone on Space Mountain and Soarin with a skirt/dress on and have had no issues.
The skirts/dresses that I've warn go a little below my knees.

I am about 5 foot 1 inch ( on a good day) and the bar on space that looks like it goes between your legs is at my knees ( if not lower) if you are sitting in row 2,3, 4, or 6 you put your legs on wither side of the set in front of you and depending on how long your skirt is this could be a problem for you. like I said my skirts go about 5 to 6 inches above my knee and I have had no problem with the ride at all

Thanks for all the replies.

The rides I had issues with were rides like the swings at Six Flags. They had a strap that went right between the legs, and I had to literally bunch the whole skirt up between my legs to get it to work...I'm sure it was quite a sight. :crazy2:

Soarin' was actually one I was worried about because you dangle like the rides I had problems with. Glad it won't be an issue.

I think I will be ok on Space Mountain as long as I don't wear a super straight skirt. Getting in and out might be and little awkward, but I'm used to that. I've ridden go-karts several times so I know kind of what to expect.

Thanks again for the replies. I was hoping there wouldn't be too much of a problem, but wanted to make sure!

Eta....my skirts are always calf length or longer.

You are right, more likely in thrill rides where you feet are lose, such as coasters. Not found at Disney. Universal and SeaWorld, yes.

You won't need Soarin' strap.

Space Mountain

space-mountain-seating2.jpg

It sounds like one of the upcoming pandora rides will have a ride you sit on that might have something between your legs (your riding a banshee on a soaring like ride). The horses on the carousel. I can't think of anything else that might even come close. There might be some games in the arcades but those are in the resorts. disney quest might also have some things but it's been years since I last went there.

There are a few rides that are more laid back and could be interesting getting out. Take this with a grain of salt as I'm thinking from a father with a daughters perspective so i'm sure some women can chime in their view. Test Track I could see wind being an issue. Space mountain is interesting to get out of.

Don't go too short or long(touching ground) and there is dress code rules that might get in your way.

I always were dresses, but I also tend to wear shorts underneath. So even if there's a 'whoops' moment, I don't think about it because of the shorts.

THIS.
I wear Jockey slip shorts under skirts/dresses at Disney and in every day life.
They are very stretchy and comfy, they protect against those whoops moments, and no matter your body shape thigh rubbing is real and it prevents it!
I feel free and yet secure when I wear skirts/dresses!

I wear dresses and skirts of various lengths 99% of the time we go to the parks. I've gone in short denim mini skirts, skater dresses, fit and flare dresses, pencil skirts, and long flowing cotton skirts. I've never had any trouble with any of the restraints on any of the attractions, not even on space mountain when I was dressed in a longer, full skirt for MNSSHP. I will say that you need to gather and hold your skirt in place when you're getting off attractions that are low to the ground like space mountain and to not spread your legs wide for everyone to see your world on things like the carousel but otherwise you shouldn't have any problems!

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I also wear something under my skirts (usually leggings of some sort), just in case. I learned this after going on a super fast go-kart once, and my skirt would not stay down no matter what I did! :sad2:

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I also wear something under my skirts (usually leggings of some sort), just in case. I learned this after going on a super fast go-kart once, and my skirt would not stay down no matter what I did! :sad2:

Then you will have absolutely no problems at all at Disney World. There are people (not just women) who wear nothing but the leggings and no one has any problems so far with it (publicly, that is).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!