Question about Free Dining Promo...

fightinfire21

Mouseketeer
We did free dining in 2005 & 2006 so I am pretty familiar with the general ideas of the promo and the dining plan in general, but we weren't able to do it for 2007 which is the first year they offered the Deluxe Dining Plan. So the question is... for those of you who did free dining in 2007 OR for those of you who have booked the the bounceback promo for this year... what kind of offer (if any) was there if you chose the deluxe dining plan? We are hoping they offer this promo to the general public again this year so we can take advantage of it but we are very interested in the DXDP. Any help would be great!:thumbsup2

DxDDP was not an offering in '07... it is brand new for '08...

if free dining opens to the general public the same as it opened to the bouncebackers, deluxe is an option for an add'l cost per night (i believe it's around $32/adult/night)...

I booked my Sept 2008 trip through the Sept 2007 bounceback. When I was making the reservations, I inquired about paying for the updgrade from the plan to the deluxe dining plan.

The CM immediately told me I couldn't do that. I persisted. She check with several other CM's whose answer was the same. I finally asked her to check with guest relations. When she came back on the line, she told me I could do that.

So - if you don't get the answer you want the first time, keep asking!

I booked my Sept 2008 trip through the Sept 2007 bounceback. When I was making the reservations, I inquired about paying for the updgrade from the plan to the deluxe dining plan.

The CM immediately told me I couldn't do that. I persisted. She check with several other CM's whose answer was the same. I finally asked her to check with guest relations. When she came back on the line, she told me I could do that.

So - if you don't get the answer you want the first time, keep asking!

SO TRUE!
Just happened to me. I actually held the free dining promo for late aug early sept (bounceback from last Aug), then JUST changed to late Sept 08.
I was originally told that ALL TRAVEL had to be completed by 9/27, BUT after calling back, I got the free dining promo STARTING on 9/27, so I guess it just depends on which CM you get and if they are willing to ASK for help! I was told okay to upgrade to Deluxe for 32 a person per day, deciding on that!

Esp. once a promo has ended such as the "free dining bounceback offer" then the CM's who answer the phones originally aren't able to modify them. If they don't offer, then ask to be transferred to guest services who have the software abililty to move dates, change resorts, and upgrade the dining plan. If all else fails, those with a BB offer can make a new ressie if/when it's open to the GP if it falls within desired dates or a particular resort is now available that reached capacity with the BB offer. I'm mostly wondering about being limited to moderate, deluxe, or villa resorts vs. having the option for value, esp. since value was offered for BB and it's what we have booked. I guess we'll all find out in April.---Kathy

Not true at all. The CM that answers the phone IS able to modify the bounceback plan and a call to Guest Services is not needed. If the CM says you are not able to switch to a different resort or date it is because there is limited availability in what you are requesting and Guest Services won't be able to change that. At one point the CM answering the phone wasn't able to do this but their system has been magically enhanced so you should have one call resolution. Actually, the bounceback literature focused on the Value Resorts but every Resort level was included in the offer. If you want to upgrade call and do it now.

Enjoy the Magic!

I called at lesat 4 times in the last month to upgrade my bounceback from CSR to the Poly. Each time I was told there was no availability. One CM even mentioned it was probably due to the free dining code.

Last Saturday, I finally put my foot down and asked a CM to contact guest services. Surprise, Suprise - I was suddenly able to transfer my reservation to the Polynesian. All depends on who you talk to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter