• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about free dining code

Lizzybear

DIS Veteran
Me and my bf are hoping Disney will do the free dining code again next year, but even if they don't we'll still be purchasing the plan. My question is, if we do pay for it can we get a refund if we quote the code over the phone? Or should we wait til nearer the trip and use the code if it comes out? (or just add it on and pay for it at this point if there is no code) TIA!

We booked our package, including the dining plan, and paid our deposit. We got a letter confirming our deposit and the final amount that would be due.

Then the free dining came out. I called Disney reservations and had them add the free dining. So they re-did the reservation and we had a new balance due that was $500 or so less.

Then they sent a new letter confirming our deposit that was paid, and the new balance that would be due.

Hope that info helps you.

Disney will give you the rate if you call with the code even after you've already booked----as long as there is availability. My February trip they came out with the "Free Plus" add-on and we called in December and added it...I know ppl that did it for this trip during free dining...they had already booked and called and asked to get the code--and viola! Instant credit.

Thanks for all the help so far.. To add a twist: What if I booked the package without dining, but then decide to add it on (whether it's free or not) at a later date. Can I do that, or does it all need to be booked at once?

When I booked our October trip, I did not include the dining plan. I asked if I could add it later and was told that I could. We still haven't decided to add the plan, so I don't have any experience with actually adding it on later.

When the codes for free dining (or for any other discounts) are released, a deadline for using the code is released along with the code. I'm not sure how long you have to add on the dining plan if you are doing so without a code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter