question about disneyquest, magicbands, and proof of waterparks and fun purchase

gatormom2tots

DIS Veteran
So we have 10 day hoppers with the waterpark and fun addition. Since disneyquest is STILL open, my understanding is that we can use that as one of our "fun" options.

Since we have magic bands, do they have something to scan these to allow admissions? Or do we need our hard tickets? Do they finger scans there?

My husband was just asking me about this and I had no idea!

So we have 10 day hoppers with the waterpark and fun addition.
1. Since disneyquest is STILL open, my understanding is that we can use that as one of our "fun" options.

2. Since we have magic bands, do they have something to scan these to allow admissions?
3. Or do we need our hard tickets?
4. Do they finger scans there?

My husband was just asking me about this and I had no idea!

1. Yes.
2. DQ already has MB scanners at the entrances.
3. Nope.
4. Yup.

DQ isn't listed as one of the water park fun "and more" options in any current info I can find. We have this ticket next month. How do you know for sure it still applies?

DQ isn't listed as one of the water park fun "and more" options in any current info I can find. We have this ticket next month.

How do you know for sure it still applies?

Because this subject comes up very frequently, here.
Those reporting back from WDW have confirmed it.
DQ was dropped from being listed on WPF&M options a year, or so ago, so its not a new thing.
Since the time that the DQ closing was first announced,
the planned replacement for that building (an NBA attraction) has fallen through,
so DQ continues to operate (and be accessible with a WPF&M ticket option.)

The reason DQ is still not re-listed as a WPF&M asset is that nobody knows if and when it will finally be closed.
(If it WAS listed, and guests bought the WPF&M option, and DQ suddenly closed,
Disney would have to make some kind of "compensation" to appease the guests who
would have lost a portion of their promised benefits of buying the WPF&M upgrade.)

The way it is now, DQ can just be treated as a "special bonus" for an indeterminate amount of time.

Because this subject comes up very frequently, here.
Those reporting back from WDW have confirmed it.
DQ was dropped from being listed on WPF&M options a year, or so ago, so its not a new thing.
Since the time that the DQ closing was first announced,
the planned replacement for that building (an NBA attraction) has fallen through,
so DQ continues to operate (and be accessible with a WPF&M ticket option.)

The reason DQ is still not re-listed as a WPF&M asset is that nobody knows if and when it will finally be closed.
(If it WAS listed, and guests bought the WPF&M option, and DQ suddenly closed,
Disney would have to make some kind of "compensation" to appease the guests who
would have lost a portion of their promised benefits of buying the WPF&M upgrade.)

The way it is now, DQ can just be treated as a "special bonus" for an indeterminate amount of time.

Sorry but we have been told twice by disney Customer Service that disney Quest is no longer accepting the Water Parks fun and more tickets. We will be there Aug 6, 2016 so if someone has other info, please let us know.

we will be there the first part of Aug also and have it in our plan while we visit Disney Springs

Hoping we can still go as part of our WPF&M
Sorry but we have been told twice by disney Customer Service that disney Quest is no longer accepting the Water Parks fun and more tickets. We will be there Aug 6, 2016 so if someone has other info, please let us know.

@Robo 's post above clearly listed the "other info" you are requesting. His statements are the result of many posters upon return from actually visiting Disney Quest.
Phone CM's are notorious for giving incorrect information.
What more would you like to make you comfortable?
August 6th is coming quickly. Perhaps you can report back when you return
Good Luck

We were there on June 21 and had accepted our water parks and more option.

Thank you for the infomation!

A related question: Is Disney Quest currently included as part of the Platinum Annual Pass? I'm guessing that it is, based on the information above, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

A related question: Is Disney Quest currently included as part of the Platinum Annual Pass? I'm guessing that it is, based on the information above, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

DisneyQuest is not an entitlement on any of the current annual passes.

If someone still has a Premium AP from back before last October's changes, DQ is still included in that pass until it expires.

DQ isn't listed as one of the water park fun "and more" options in any current info I can find. We have this ticket next month. How do you know for sure it still applies?

We just used one of the options for DQ last week...worked with no issues whatsoever.

We were just there a couple weeks ago and used WP&M admissions with no problems, from our MBs. The info you get from phone CMs is wrong more than it's right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter