Purchase Park Tickets with Gift Cards Online?

vtwep

DIS Veteran
Hi - I'd like to use Disney Gift Cards to purchase park tickets (5% discount with red card might actually be a bit cheaper than Undercover Tourists prices through mousesavers). Can I do this online, or would I need to call in to order them since I will have a stack of gift cards? I didn't want to click "buy" online and then be stuck with only one option to pay (credit card).

Thanks.

Before you begin the process of purchasing your park tickets, go to Disneygiftcard.com and consolidate all your card balances onto one giftcard.
Total cannot exceed $1000 for the one card.

Then when you purchase your tickets online, use that one giftcard as payment. The ticket site only allows 1 giftcard so you do need to consolidate prior to the purchase.

If your total will be more than $1,000, you'll need to break your order up into smaller purchases. You can only use one gift card per purchase and you can only put $1,000 on each gift card.

Thanks for the replies/info! I will definitely check out the link and follow the advice. Appreciate it.

We purchased annual passes using the gift card/Target Red Card method a few weeks ago. I had to consolidate down to one card using disneygiftcard.com. The only problem I ran into was our red card is not credit, but linked to our debit card and there was a daily limit imposed by Target. It turns out because we just got our red card our limit was low and should increase with use. I called the number on the card and they had me get the cashier to suspend the transaction so the red card representative could manually apply the discount so I could use my actual debit card directly. It did take some time as the store only carried $50 cards. I went to the Disney gift card website and consolidated $1,000 to a single card, purchased one annual pass and then repeated for the next pass. One thing that helped keep everything organized was that I was able to find one card at the store that was blue while the rest were red, allowing me to easily identify the card that I was adding the others to. I will be buying more gift cards for each visit and adding the balance to one card for use while on property.

Funny - we just got a red card not too long ago and I just made a large gift card purchase to finish paying off a cruise. Of course, the purchase was flagged and suspended until we finally were able to convince the credit dept on the phone that it was really me making an authorized purchase! It was a frustrating process...but eventually was resolved correctly. And luckily, I found $100 gift cards back in the store (vs the $50 ones that are at the registers). So that helped a little bit. Once that statement comes in and is paid, I'll start the process again for park tickets.

Definitely can do this online. We got gift cards from Sams Club last quarter. Their price is just under 5% off to start, and then with Discover card, warehouse clubs were part of the 5% cashback category for the quarter, so we essentially got about 10% off of our gift cards. We were able to get $500 cards online and then a couple of $150 packs each. Consolidated those into two gift cards with $800 each on them and then did two separate transactions, one for each Annual Pass, using one of the $800 gift cards as payment. The key is to consolidate gift cards onto as few cards as possible and then break up your purchases as needed, since online payment only allows one gift card per transaction.

I buy the gift cards with my Red Card and then add them to my Disney Vacation Account. The account number serves as a gift card so you can do it all at once. Plus if you've had it open for 120 days you get a bonus gift card for every $1000 you spend with it. I used it to pay off our cruise last year and am using it this year for all of our tickets etc.

I also do the Disney Vacation Account. You can deposit all of your cards and there is no limit on how many you can add and no need to break up transactions. Just pay straight from the account when you are done. And you also earn a $20 gift card for every $1,000 you spend if it's opened early enough before your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter