Pulled Pork for a Crowd

OK my 2 cents on shredding pork if you decide to do it yourself. This also works for chicken and beef. A handheld mixer with the beater attachments on it. You can shred an entire pan in about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Just stick it on the meat and turn them on low after its cooked. Works amazingly well! You will never use 2 forks again!!

Go to Costco or Sam's Cub and buy it already done. The convenience is worth it when planning a party for that many people.

I second trying to order it in advance from Costco. I had a big Halloween party this year and served pulled pork monster sliders and I got tons of compliments on the Costco pork. I even got recipe requests a few times.

I actually use the Costco giant pork tenderloins- not sure if they have them at your Costco, and pulled pork actually freezes really well.

This sounds like an amazing amount of work! But I'm sure the results are delicious.
Lol, it really isn't. You don't have to refrigerate the pork before putting it into the roast if you don't want to. It's just personal preference . You can marinade it and put it right in to cook. From the time you put the rub together and marinade the pork is no more than 10 min. start to finish. Once it's in to cook, just leave it.

I cook monthly for 100 people and bbq pork is one of the easiest meals on my list. However, if you are not accustomed to cooking in huge quantities, it is difficult to imagine how time-consuming it is. Purchasing, loading into the house, opening the meat packages, prep time, shredding the meat and placing into servers takes me at least 3 hours. That does not include the cooking time. Pre-purchased at Sams or Costco is worth it.

I'm assuming this grad party isn't until May or June, so I'd cook smaller batches and freeze them over the next few months. You could also do a taco bar - start making up taco meat and freezing that too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter