Project Lifesaver at WDW?

mlwear

DIS Veteran
I've been told to call and get my son set up with Project Lifesaver. DS is autistic and has been known to wander off. Project Lifesaver is a "watch" with some sort of GPS that is in a waterproof shell inside the "watch".

If he is missing I call 911, give them his code and most police cars in the surrounding counties are equipped to find his location. A wonderful device. From my understanding, in our case we will not have to pay for the service (unless he loses the watch) as businesses are donating money to the project right and left. :banana:

Anyway, I can ask the policeman who will come to set up the watch or call special needs services at WDW, but just wondering if anyone here knows if WDW participates in project lifesaver and can track kids. (what a relief that would be). I know some other vacation areas do.

Also, does anyone else use this? Opinion?

I'm bumping this up cause it sure sounds like it would really be helpful to some families. Good Luck.
Gerri

Here's a link to the Project Lifesaver website. Some of their website's features don't seem to be working quite right, but they do have a "contact us" link, so you could probably write and ask them.
It looks like a very good program. They have a page of video about the program. (I tried to post a direct link, but it only shows their home page. Look around a bit and you should find the video.)

We have PL in our town and we were lucky enough to have an extra transmitter loaned to us on the chance that our son (also autistic) went missing. Check and see if they can lend you one, or call the PD, responsible for WDW and ask if they have the equipment capable of picking up your childs transmitter frequency. Remember that if they do have those capabilities of tracking your child that the number that you have (frequency #) is not being used down there, otherwise they could be tracking the wrong person.

Hope this helps

DisneyDreams4P&B said:
We have PL in our town and we were lucky enough to have an extra transmitter loaned to us on the chance that our son (also autistic) went missing. Check and see if they can lend you one, or call the PD, responsible for WDW and ask if they have the equipment capable of picking up your childs transmitter frequency. Remember that if they do have those capabilities of tracking your child that the number that you have (frequency #) is not being used down there, otherwise they could be tracking the wrong person.

Hope this helps

OK--now I think I'm starting to understand how it works. Thanks for the info. that gives me a strategy for researching. I'll post when I find an answer. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter