Problems With Connections

drdisney

<font color=teal>Mysterious when it comes to shopp
For everyone that has had problems with double charging on there credit cards from connections, This is not a Mistake !!! I used to work for a mail order firm and this was one of the best ways for the company to get extra money without donig anything.In fact it is so popular that employees recived a bonus for each double charge.Luckly I tipped of the BBB so the company I worked for got shut down.Here is the way the scam worked.

1. Customer ordered services or goods and was "accidently" double charged for those goods.

2. Money was withdrawn from customers credit card account and put into a CD or Money market account setup for the merchant for a period of one month all along building interest.

3. Customer called to explain that they were double charged and company says it will refund the money but in may take one or two billing cycles for it to post because of Credit Card System.

4. Since the company doesnt have to refund in right away it waits until the last day to post to your credit card account then the money gets taken away from the CD or Money Market account and then returned to the customers Credit Card Account.

Think about this over 100 times a day and then you can think how much money the company is making in just in interest alone.trust me THIS IS NOT A MISTAKE !!!!!!! Ive seen it too many times !!! In fact Disney's even thinking of pulling away from Connections because of the problems connections has made with customers credit cards.The best way to prevent this from happing is before you order your meals or tix call your credit card company and tell them to only allow 1 transaction from connections per day.this will cut them off at the path.

Hope this helps everyone I have just seen to much of this Scam at my other job .

Thanks for the info. I'm going to do their trial offer over the summer. I'm not going to Disney until October so I'm in no rush. I'll make sure to inform my cc company to watch out for double billing when I place my order.

Boy, what a way to make up for the deal you get.

Some of the Credit card companies provide you with one-time use numbers on their sites. Might be a good idea to use those for connections purchases.

One time use numbers? What is that? If anyone knows please post. Thanks!

A one time use number is issued by your CC holder. I know Citibank & Discover both offer this service on their website. I'm sure others do also. You go to their site, sign up and give your CC information. They'll give you a CC number you can use instead of your regular card number.

Wow, that's pretty scary AND rediculous.

Thanks for the inside scoop. Any urges to join Connections are gone now.

Can I ask how you know that Disney is thinking of stopping with connections?

I sent an email to Disney last night asking about Connections, I told them I used them last year and that I wanted to know if they are still being accepted THIS year, I also asked about Ticketmania and FlaOrlando tickets, so I will post email reply when I get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter