Private fireworks and Disney Non Believer

Plainjane11

Earning My Ears
Background: We are FL APs that live more than an hour from Orlando. Husband had only ever been to Epcot and not the countries prior to trip. He would say he’s “not a Disney person.” So a big goal of the trip was showing him how much Disney has to offer and turn him into a Disney magic believer!
Travel party: husband, who has neck problems, myself, and 3 teens (2 in college, 1 in high school).

Our trip started Sun Dec 10th and ended on Sat Dec 16. We decided to stay off site at Emerald Island in a single family. This was perfect for us. Traffic to parks and back was minimal and free parking for AP.

Sunday: we couldn’t get into parks this day due to pixie pass so I opted for Minigolf for us at Winter Summerland. We did the winter course and it was a blast. The course did have a lot of leaves on it but we are not professional minigolfers so it didn’t bother us. I loved all the extra Mickey touches throughout the course and even got 2 of my kids to pose in a sleigh photo op set up there. Parking was my only worry but there is a ton of free parking at Blizzard Beach which sits right next to the course. We tried doing a late lunch at Disney Springs but it was so packed we went offsite to Margaritaville area which is close to Emerald Island. Our room was ready right after lunch. So I got groceries and we unpacked.

Monday: Animal Kingdom day! We did not rope drop any days because we are not morning people. I did book us ILL for Flight of Passage. We skipped most of the rides due to hubby’s neck but he loved FOP and we did all the walking trails including the gorillas. Saw Lion King show and ate quick serve at Flametree. This was hubby’s favorite park! Which I was surprised because he’s a former thrill seeker.

That evening we valeted at Grand Floridian and did a private fireworks cruise for MK fireworks. Hotel had their epic gingerbread house set up. Boy was it cold outside. Grabbed dinner at Gasparillas Grille. We dressed super warm, and I brought hot hands. We grabbed hot cocoa right before boarding. Still so cold! The capt had some blankets on board. We got a tour of some places around Bay Lake and then settled in for the show. It was far away so hard to see castle projections but the music was piped in. We invited some friends who live in the area to go with us and they loved it. Part of that cruise is watching the electric parade but we were so cold we asked to go back to resort a bit early.

Tuesday: Magic Kingdom Day! We had a Capture Your Moment photo session at the castle. This was priceless and 100% worth the cost for a trip. We got about 60+ pics in 3 different locations. Our photographer was amazing. Grabbed quick serve for breakfast. We did ride quite a few rides here as I got G+ for the day. We ended up riding Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Haunted Mansion, Dumbo, saw Hall of Presidents, rode People Mover all in a few hours. Then we headed over to Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge. If you want amazing Christmas pics for free (if you have photo pass), this tree is where it’s at! We did the brunch at Whispering Canyon and it was one of the best meals we had. The ambiance was outstanding for the holidays. Ended up eating sandwiches for dinner back at resort. Had plans for Jiko but too tired. Hubby did not like MK. He appreciated it for little kids but couldn’t get into the magic and asked when we could go back to AK :)

Wednesday: Hollywood Studios! Got into the park around noon. Had matching Star Wars shirts so of course we hit pics first. Waited about 15mins for Darth Vader. Walked around and checked out the different lands then had lunch at Mama Melrose’s. Food was fantastic. We did a Fantasmic package but didn’t actually end up staying for Fantasmic. Planned around a 7:15 show and there was only one showing at 9, just couldn’t stick it out that long. After lunch, we did Indiana Jones. Then we had ILL for Rise. After that we walked on Millenium Falcon. Kids split off to do their own thing and we went to Ogas then to Brew house. Left around 7 but had a great time. Hubby loved HS and said he didn’t feel rides were too rough at all.

Thursday: Kids Ubered to Epcot to hang out and hubby and I did a spa day at Ritz Carlton. FL residents get 15% off on Thursdays. Was a nice was to unwind. We did massages and enjoyed the facility.

Later that evening, hubby and I went to Disney Springs and ate at Jaleos. Did the tasting menu and it was amazing! Husband loves tapas so it was perfect. Walked around and got to see the snoap at the main tree. So magical and holiday festive! Kids met up with us after dinner and we went back to resort together. Love the bus system! It was easy for them to get from Epcot (walked to a resort) then to Disney Springs without needing another Uber.

Friday: Epcot! We started the day in the countries. Due to the fireworks cruise later that night, I parked in HS and took Skyliner over. We saw a lot of festival of holiday things and got lots of booth treats and drinks. Had drinks at Space 220 Lounge. Bought some souvenirs and rode Frozen, 3 caballeros, and Soarin.

At night, we headed to Yacht Club to check in for cruise. It was much warmer (still cold), and I loved this cruise! They hook you up to other boats and the boats sit under the bridge in France where you don’t hear the engines or smell it unlike the MK cruise. No speakers but you are right in front of the fireworks. Amazing seats!!! Capt took us around HS and saw some of those fireworks before our show. Hubby got to see boardwalk and was impressed with how much Disney has to do. Ended the trip with this private cruise and was highlight of trip for whole family!

Saturday we drove home. Hubby liked the trip so much he wants to do another one next December! He said Disney does have something for everyone. Mission Accomplished!

We caught Covid so had to cancel our MK cruise last month, but was able to do our Epcot (second time). It really is a nice experience. I was glad to do Epcot and miss the MK. We will try again another time.

Sorry Covid spoiled it for you. They were very different from each other. I’m glad we did both, but we will definitely do Epcot again. I think we will try a dessert party next for MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter