Price equal, RPR or CBay Suite?

mommyarewegoingback

DIS Veteran
Need assistance please. We have stayed at all ranges at wdw. I have 2 adults and 2 teens that need separate beds, even if it's an inflatable. We are trying to plan a 4 night trip to Universal after WDW. My DS will be at the park every day and my DD will probably only go 1 day. She likes to hang by pools especially lazy river.

If I got a RPR Room vs Cbay Family Room + unlimited express, the cost is about the same (100 more at CBay). So which would you get? Thanks for any suggestions.

I prefer rpr as it is walkable to city walk and the parks

Only about a 7 minute walk compared to a 20 minute walk from Cbay

Also rpr has 4 eateries onsite with one of them opened to 1:00 am

You can pool hop to Cbay if you stay at rpr
Well, you can pool hop to any of the other 4 onsite hotels

The convenience is more valuable to me than the room cost

Others will have opposite opinions

I agree that convenience is important, but it depends which convenience is the most important to you.

Full disclosure- for us, getting to the parks quickly is our top priority, but we often find ourselves wishing we had the mini-kitchen's microwave oven.

If you think you'll favor hotel/pool time and heating food in your room over early mornings in the park, then CB might be the better option.

I think it also matters if you are going before or after Volcano Bay opens!

CB has two nice pool areas for your DD. The bowling alley, gym and diner at CB just adds to the fun of hanging out at the resort. The family suite has a great layout. We had DD sleep on the sofabed and there is a 'paper door' that shuts the living room off from the bedroom where me and DS were. We saved $$ by having the fridge and microwave in room (and eating in the CB diner). The bus from CB to theme park main gate will take 30 minutes.

RPR gets you all the EP. That is the main perk. The RPR room will be smaller than the CB suite.

We have stayed at both resorts and the nice thing is that both are great. I lean more towards Cabana Bay but we are big fans.

By the way, I would take the bus to Citywalk if you choose Cabana Bay. We only waited for it once and that was just for a few minutes. We enjoy walking through Citywalk in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts