Premium Plan for One Night Just for the Tours, LaNouba, etc.??

Hi Everyone! I just booked 3 nights of the Platinum Plan for my honeymoon in May and was hoping to get some advice from the experts. We will be staying at AKL and will have a rental car.

Here is what I am thinking so far:

Day 1 (Saturday, May 11):
Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table (earliest seating)
Around the World Segway Tour in EPCOT (9:30)
Lunch at LeCellier
Watersports at Sammy Duvalls
Dinner at Bistro de Paris
Cirque du Soliel (9:00 show)

Day 2 (Sunday, May 12):
Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
Keys to the Kingdom Tour (lunch included)
Dinner at Narcoosees
Fireworks Cruise (any recommendations on which is better? )

Day 3 (Monday, May 13):
Breakfast at Ohana
Parasailing at Sammy Duvalls
Lunch- Dine W/ Imagineer at DHS
Mini golf
Carriage ride (not sure which location would be easier)
Dinner at Jiko
Fantasmic

Day 4 (Tuesday, May 14):
Breakfast at Boma (OOP)
Dolphins in Depth
Seas Aqua Tour (I have read that this is fine back to back)
Dinner at Victoria and Alberts (Chefs Table if I can get it)

I would love input and suggestions! :)

I don't think your Day 1 morning is do-able. You won't be able to "check in" for your Platinum Package until 7:00 AM. It's at least a 15-minute drive to the TTC, then you have to take a boat or ferry over to MK. Even if you got an 8:05 ADR for CRT, I don't think you could out of there by 9:00, then you still have to get back to the TTC and drive to Epcot and park. You must sign in for your Segway tour at least 15 minutes prior to the tour. I just don't think you have enough time, nor would your morning be enjoyable at all, rushing from place to place like that. Check in at 7:00, maybe move your Boma breakfast to that morning, then go over to Epcot for the tour.

The rest of your days seem do-able, though. Have fun!

I don't think your Day 1 morning is do-able. You won't be able to "check in" for your Platinum Package until 7:00 AM. It's at least a 15-minute drive to the TTC, then you have to take a boat or ferry over to MK. Even if you got an 8:05 ADR for CRT, I don't think you could out of there by 9:00, then you still have to get back to the TTC and drive to Epcot and park. You must sign in for your Segway tour at least 15 minutes prior to the tour. I just don't think you have enough time, nor would your morning be enjoyable at all, rushing from place to place like that. Check in at 7:00, maybe move your Boma breakfast to that morning, then go over to Epcot for the tour.

The rest of your days seem do-able, though. Have fun!

You are probably right about that. I really wanted to eat in the castle at some point so I may have so switch out one of the other breakfasts. I wish all the tours weren't in the morning!

If I can get an 8:05 CRT on the last day do you think I could still get to EPCOT to do the Dolphins tour at 9:45am? Or is that pushing it? :confused3

Hi Everyone! I just booked 3 nights of the Platinum Plan for my honeymoon in May and was hoping to get some advice from the experts. We will be staying at AKL and will have a rental car.

Here is what I am thinking so far:

Day 1 (Saturday, May 11):
Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table (earliest seating) even with earliest seating, not enough time to enjoy meal and transport to Epcot - have to check-in @ guest services 15 min prior to Segway tour! Even if you did breakfast with princesses in Norway, you might not be out in time to do the final Segway.
Around the World Segway Tour in EPCOT (9:30)
Lunch at LeCellier
Watersports at Sammy Duvalls
Dinner at Bistro de Paris - depends on what watersports you do - could be quite exhausted after. Maybe consider Portabello or another restaurant in DTD to save transport/park/walk, etc. time.
Cirque du Soliel (9:00 show)

Day 2 (Sunday, May 12):
Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare - Again, must allow time to eat and enjoy the characters. MIGHT be able to make the LAST KTTK tour, but it will last 4-4.5 hours!
Keys to the Kingdom Tour (lunch included)
Dinner at Narcoosees - make sure your timing works with Wishes cruise - best choice since you load @ Grand Floridian, saves time.
Fireworks Cruise (any recommendations on which is better? ) - Illuminations is also good, but try to do it on a night when you dine closer. We did it after the 6pm Cirque show on our trip.

Day 3 (Monday, May 13):
Breakfast at Ohana
Parasailing at Sammy Duvalls
Lunch- Dine W/ Imagineer at DHS - Again, transportaion is your enemy here. How about an early leisurely breakfast, then head to HS for a few rides and then lunch? Better yet, try for the Steam Train tour (7:30am) you'll be first in the park. When it ends, head down to HS for lunch! Do Parasailing after. Where do you plan to do the carriage ride? As for mini-golf, probably not the best expenditure of time using this plan - especially if you have mini-golf at home?
Mini golf
Carriage ride (not sure which location would be easier)
Dinner at Jiko - How about a break after lunch - it is your honeymoon, right? Then Fantasmic (using preferred seating) followed by a romantic late dinner at Jiko?
Fantasmic

Day 4 (Tuesday, May 14):
Breakfast at Boma (OOP) - Great buffet, but perhaps do another less expensive meal OOP or - and trust me here - SKIP a meal. We got soooo tired of eating. With the plan you get so much food and you tend to feel the need to eat everything to get the most out of the plan - yikes!
Dolphins in Depth - yes, can do back-to-back
Seas Aqua Tour (I have read that this is fine back to back)
Dinner at Victoria and Alberts (Chefs Table if I can get it) - Queen Victoria's is relatively new - 4 tables only and 10 courses - sort of like Chef's table but w/o chef.

I would love input and suggestions! :)

I'm going to pretend for a moment that you are my daughter and you've just asked me for my 'motherly' opinion. :teeth:

Really think about what you guys would ENJOY doing together, not just what is offered. Do either of you golf? Lessons are nice. How about a massage or mani/pedi? And one of you could do the Richard Petty Drive along - which most guys would really enjoy - maybe while you are getting a massage?

Personally, I'd opt for the all day Back Stage Magic tour that hits all four parks and provides lunch at Wilderness Lodge - regulary about $250! You see and learn LOTS of things you'd never be able to do otherwise.

Citrico's, IMHO, has a better food offering that Narc, but w/o the view. As for a carriage ride, how about taking a boat ride over the Ft Wilderness and enjoying the woodsy ride there? Other option is Port Orleans.

These will be 3 (actually 4 since it starts as early as you want - we stayed room-only arrival night, then checked in @ 6am & started with a Bass Fishing tour on our first morning - and ends @ midnight of the last day) --- L-O-N-G --- days, after which you will be totally drained. Plan, but try not to OVER PLAN every moment, for it is the moments we remember, not the days. Tired, cranky couples do not make for good memories. You need those first days/weeks together after the wedding to really BE together.

Really, it is a wonderful opportunity to start of your marriage, so make sure you don't burden yourselves with a tight rush here-rush there schedule. It is SOOOO easy to do on this type of plan, even for those with youth and vigor on their side. Allow for a bit of down time - sit together and soak up the whole experience - smile and take it all in.

Even BETTER, why not utilize the personal itinerary planner at your resort to help? It is provided for you with the Platinum Pkg. They can often get you into places you can't yourself. Tell them what you'd really like to do and 'just like magic' they'll put some plans together for you. pixiedust: If they don't, post again and we will!

If I can get an 8:05 CRT on the last day do you think I could still get to EPCOT to do the Dolphins tour at 9:45am? Or is that pushing it? :confused3

If you are doing the Castle, why not do it for lunch or dinner (maybe on your Wishes cruise night?) instead. Try to clump your activities together in a similar grouping. Transportation takes up SO much time at WDW and I think you'd rather be having fun in a park, on a tour, or dining, than driving, parking, walking - then reverse that to hit the next destination, right?

How about you make up a spreadsheet (electronically or pencil/paper) to visualize your time needs. Between each, unless they are very close together, allow an hour to get to - then consider a reasonable amount of time you'll need to do/enjoy the activity.

AK Lodge is farthest from almost anywhere - though I LOVE the lodge. Perhaps you could consider Wilderness Lodge. You can boat to MK, as well as Ft W for the carriage ride and/or their Segway off-road tour, and to Contemporay to catch the monorail - MK or EP. Artist Point in WL has great food, and Wave & California Grill in Contemp are excellent and all the water activities are based there, too. GF & Poly are also near for your other dining and/or MASSAGE needs! You didn't say if your entire trip is only the 3 day stay. If not, perhaps spend the last day or 2 at AKL and soak up the down time in the quiet comfort that resort provides? Again, just the mother in my popping out. :joker:

AK Lodge is farthest from almost anywhere - though I LOVE the lodge. Perhaps you could consider Wilderness Lodge. You can boat to MK, as well as Ft W for the carriage ride and/or their Segway off-road tour, and to Contemporay to catch the monorail - MK or EP. Artist Point in WL has great food, and Wave & California Grill in Contemp are excellent and all the water activities are based there, too. GF & Poly are also near for your other dining and/or MASSAGE needs! You didn't say if your entire trip is only the 3 day stay. If not, perhaps spend the last day or 2 at AKL and soak up the down time in the quiet comfort that resort provides? Again, just the mother in my popping out. :joker:

We really want to try AKL with the Savannah view. DFi proposed on a safari in front of giraffes so I think it would be fitting. :lovestruc

Thanks for all the motherly advice (my own mother thinks I overplan!) We are starting our honeymoon with 4 nights on the Dream so that will be our lounge around and relax time. We decided to do Platinum after and wear ourselves out. I swear DFi would be happy if he could just stay at Sammy Duvalls for 3 days :rotfl2:

You are probably right about that. I really wanted to eat in the castle at some point so I may have so switch out one of the other breakfasts. I wish all the tours weren't in the morning!

Backstage Safari is offered at 1 p.m. at AK. I have gone on that one and enjoyed it very much.

Since you are on the Platinum Plan I would take advantage of the spa visit. If you drop the mini golf (which is fun but quite a bit less expensive) you could fit it in. When I was on the Platinum Plan I had a facial and was very happy with it.

We really want to try AKL with the Savannah view. DFi proposed on a safari in front of giraffes so I think it would be fitting. :lovestruc

Thanks for all the motherly advice (my own mother thinks I overplan!) We are starting our honeymoon with 4 nights on the Dream so that will be our lounge around and relax time. We decided to do Platinum after and wear ourselves out. I swear DFi would be happy if he could just stay at Sammy Duvalls for 3 days :rotfl2:

Sammy Duvall's is actually a great way to maximize the plan since every hour spent there is over $130. I really racked up the value on jetsking x3, parasailing and tubing.

Backstage Safari is offered at 1 p.m. at AK. I have gone on that one and enjoyed it very much.

Since you are on the Platinum Plan I would take advantage of the spa visit. If you drop the mini golf (which is fun but quite a bit less expensive) you could fit it in. When I was on the Platinum Plan I had a facial and was very happy with it.

Does the Backstage Safari have animals or is it more of a facilities tour?

I had forgotten about the spa! If I wanted the deep tissue massage instead of the swedish do you think they would let me just pay the difference?

Hi everyone!! I am usually just a lurker but this topic is a big part of my life at the moment. We leave in 17 days for 8 nights/9 days Beach club with the Platinum plan. It will be just me and DH for our 30th anniversary. We are not planning a lot of ride time so here we go.....

Day one
1:30 pm Brown Derby
5:15 Spirit of Aloha --DH loves the pineapple :confused3
10pm Preferred viewing Wishes

Day 2
9am Richard Petty for me (life long dream):thumbsup2
12:30 Via Nipoli
4pm Cap'n Jacks
6pm Cirque Du Soleil
9pm Fulton's

Day3
8:05 Tusker house
5pm Wave
Port orleans carrige ride
9:15 Flying Fish

Day4
7:30 Captain's Grille
9am Backstage Magic Tour
5:50 Yachtsman
9 Illuminations

Day 5 Anniversary Day:lovestruc
8:20 Crystal Palace
10 Bass Fishing excursions for DH
11 Spa for me
5:30 Victoria and Albert's Chef's Table

Day 6
7:45 Around the world Segway tour
noon Coral Reef
5:30 Narcoossee's
9:00 Wishes Cruise

Day 7
8am Cape May Cafe
9:45 Dolphins in Depth
2:30 Le Cellier
6:30 Kouzzina

Day 8
8:30 Backstage Safari Tour
12:30 Rainforest Cafe
4:30 Garden Grill
7:50 California Grill

Day 9
8:05 Royal Table
4pm Le Cellier
9pm Fantasmic
Head home. Someone may need to "Roll" us to the Jeep after all the food!!! :confused3

I think I have left time for Sammy duval.... park time....Stormalong Bay...

Does the Backstage Safari have animals or is it more of a facilities tour?

I had forgotten about the spa! If I wanted the deep tissue massage instead of the swedish do you think they would let me just pay the difference?

You tour the facilities which was quite interesting and also get your own private safari truck for the Kilimanjaro Safari Expedition. This tour was all about the animals, not like the one that everyone else takes. The driver even stopped so that we could get some great pictures. The CM that we had (Trina) really loves her job and it showed.

I don't know about the spa letting you pay the difference. You'd have to ask when you book.

The Richard Petty is only for one person. It was interesting when I did it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do it again. But maybe it is more of a guy thing.

I also did the fishing excursion. That was lots of fun. It was the first time I had gone fishing and I really enjoyed it. The CM was quite knowledgeable and I had a great time.

The personal water craft (jet skis) was so much fun. Make sure that you take the tour offered in the morning and not just the free time riding around. This was a high point on the plan for me.

For the Richard Petty, it is only for one person per package, correct?

That is my interpretation of the package too.

May I check a couple of things with you? I don't think Dine with an Imagineer is on the plan - where you prepared to pay OOP for this? Same with the Chef's Table extra over.

And then I am wondering why you would pay for the Boma breakfast OOP? I am thinking you will have plenty of points.

I agree with a lot of the advice others have posted re: timings and events. But guess what 2ofUs! I prefer Narc over Citricos and KTTK to Backstage Magic! I suppose that's what variety is all about! :goodvibes

That is my interpretation of the package too.

May I check a couple of things with you? I don't think Dine with an Imagineer is on the plan - where you prepared to pay OOP for this? Same with the Chef's Table extra over.

And then I am wondering why you would pay for the Boma breakfast OOP? I am thinking you will have plenty of points.

I agree with a lot of the advice others have posted re: timings and events. But guess what 2ofUs! I prefer Narc over Citricos and KTTK to Backstage Magic! I suppose that's what variety is all about! :goodvibes

I know that Chef's Table is extra. I will ask about Dine with Imagineer (thought that I had read that one was ok) and if not we will just go to Brown Derby for lunch.

I am going to take Boma out and switch Ohana for the last day because they open at 7:30 so I could do that before Dolphins tour. Then I am going to go CRT before the KTTK tour because I will already be at MK. I am skipping breakfast first day so I have time to check in and more breathing room.

DFi wants the surf and turf at Narcs so he picked that one.

Thanks so much for input everyone!

I have an upcoming reservation booked for the Fall- more than 45 days out- and was wondering what would happen, or really if it's possible to cancel several days of the reservation so that we only have one premium night remaining. I saw that there is a rule now about booking 3 night minimums for premium so I'm not sure if we'd lose the reservation altogether?

When did this become a rule for the 3 nights?
What do you think- is it worth a shot or no?

Thanks!

Begining last January, the restriction is Deluxe for Platinum/any level for Premium, but must pay rack-rate, have at least a 1 day pass, and book for 3-days. Kind of a bummer, but that's how it is. If you cancel the days, they will either charge you for the activities/reservations or you'll have to cancel them.

I have an upcoming reservation booked for the Fall- more than 45 days out- and was wondering what would happen, or really if it's possible to cancel several days of the reservation so that we only have one premium night remaining. I saw that there is a rule now about booking 3 night minimums for premium so I'm not sure if we'd lose the reservation altogether?

When did this become a rule for the 3 nights?
What do you think- is it worth a shot or no?

Thanks!

Hmmm .... I doubt they would allow this. The 3 day rule started at the beginning of 2012. So I suspect you'll find the computers are set up to only allow the package over 3 days. All you can do is ring and ask however as it is a condition of booking the package I doubt Disney will agree.

Hi everyone!! I am usually just a lurker but this topic is a big part of my life at the moment. We leave in 17 days for 8 nights/9 days Beach club with the Platinum plan. It will be just me and DH for our 30th anniversary. We are not planning a lot of ride time so here we go.....

Day one
1:30 pm Brown Derby
5:15 Spirit of Aloha --DH loves the pineapple :confused3
10pm Preferred viewing Wishes

Day 2
9am Richard Petty for me (life long dream):thumbsup2
4pm Cap'n Jacks
6pm Cirque Du Soleil
9pm Fulton's

Day3
5pm Wave
9:15 Flying Fish

Day4
9am Backstage Magic Tour
9 Illuminations

Day 5 Anniversary Day:lovestruc
10 Bass Fishing excursions for DH
11 Spa for me
5:30 Victoria and Albert's Chef's Table

Day 6
7:45 Around the world Segway tour
noon Coral Reef
5:30 Narcoossee's
9:00 Wishes Cruise

Day 7
8am Cape May Cafe
6:30 Kouzzina

Day 8
8:30 Backstage Safari Tour
4:30 Garden Grill
7:50 California Grill

Day 9
8:05 Royal Table
4pm Le Cellier
9pm Fantasmic
Head home. Someone may need to "Roll" us to the Jeep after all the food!!! :confused3

I know you said you weren't planning on a lot of "ride time" but I think you have too many ADRs too close together. The average TS meal takes 90 minutes. On days 2 and 8 you have 3 ADRs within 10 hours of each other. By the time you get to that 3rd ADR, you will be dreading it. Day 7 you have two big meals 4 hours apart. Considering that you likely won't finish the first meal until 4:00, will you really want to be heading to another restaurant in less than 2 hours? I really think you need to re-work those ADRs. I'm sure you want to hit all these "must do restaurants," but you won't enjoy it if you're so full that nothing on the menu sounds good.

When on either the premium or platinum plan, room service for breakfast can be your best friend. Order it the night before and it's delivered at the time you specify.

I even used it for a dinner once. It goes a long way to freeing up your time.

Day one
1:30 pm Brown Derby - great food, but you won't be done until maybe 3. Allowing time to get to POLY, you'll be going right from one wonderful, filling meal to a HUGE spread at SoA! Maybe you could do HBD much earlier or skip it.
5:15 Spirit of Aloha --DH loves the pineapple
10pm Preferred viewing Wishes Preferred viewing for Wishes is basically an area between the Plaza restaurant and the castle that has a lot of trees blocking your view of the castle. During the day it is a smoking area. We found it very difficult to actually find a place to stand where we could see anything but the fireworks.

Day 2
9am Richard Petty for me (life long dream)
4pm Cap'n Jacks Again - too many meals too close together. We did the Premium plan on a 1 nite stay in 2010 and were so stuffed we took the day after off from parks and ate very little. Unless you are normally HUGE eaters you may get sick of eating within the first couple of days. Perhaps enjoy Via Napoli, grab a snack if you need something to hold you over through Cirque (we LOVE this show) and enjoy Fulton's after?
6pm Cirque Du Soleil
9pm Fulton's

Day3
5pm Wave
9:15 Flying Fish Better meal spacing here, though still a lot of food - but very GOOD food in all these places. You must be driving? On this day you start at AK, have lunch at Contemporary, take a carriage ride in Port Orleans, then have dinner on the Boardwalk - very doable with car but tight w/WDW transportation.

Day4
9am Backstage Magic Tour This tour includes a HUGE TS meal at Whispering Canyon, so eat sparingly in order to have room for the Yachtsman meal. Tour begins @ 9 and ends 7-7.5 hours later at Epcot, so may have to hustle to get around to Yachtsman.
9 IlluminationsIs this the cruise or just from inside Epcot? I would encourge the cruise if still available.

Day 5 Anniversary Day Congratulations!
10 Bass Fishing excursions for DH We did this 1st thing in morning and watching the sunrise over the lake was beautiful and peaceful. Hubby caught lots of fish, I took lots of pictures. We had CM drop us off at MK dock in order to make our KTTK early tour. By the way, they don't have snacks or coffee aboard (though the old brochure said they do) only bottled water.
11 Spa for me Boy are you gonna need this by now! Enjoy and relax. :goodvibes
5:30 Victoria and Albert's Chef's Table Enjoy this meal! Noticed you didn't include anything between breakfast & dinner this day - which is a GREAT idea. QS should be enough, or even just a snack for lunch.

Day 6
7:45 Around the world Segway tour Fun to be the first ones in Epcot and we ALWAYS do this tour - every trip!
noon Coral Reef You should be done with Segway by 9:45 with plenty of time to get to Coral Reef. Their interior is so calming but don't let the server rush you (they tend to bring one course before you are done with the last). Tell them when you order to WAIT until each course is cleared
5:30 Narcoossee's Another great dinner!!!
9:00 Wishes CruiseDid this from the Yacht in 2006 - such an amazing experience. Seeing Fireworks from the middle of the lagoon should be on everyone's bucket list.

Day 7
8am Cape May Cafe
6:30 Kouzzina You will probably be full from lunch at 6:30 so perhaps you could move this dinner out to 8-8:30?

Day 8
8:30 Backstage Safari Tour Another really fun tour! I believe they have a light breakfast included - fruits & danish?
4:30 Garden Grill You are at AK for the tour and lunch, then Contemporary for an amazing dinner - but you are going into Epcot mid-day? If you are doing that just for lunch at Garden Grill, maybe you could consider a mid-afternoon lite-lunch at Kona in Poly, then walk around the beach a bit? Or try a visit to DTD and grab a bite at Wolfgang Puck Express or Earl of Sandwich and do some shopping in World of Disney? Just a thought. :cool1:
7:50 California GrillOne of our all-time favorite romantic moments was here ... ahhhh ... enjoy.

Day 9
8:05 Royal Table Let us know how the view of the Fantasyland expansion is from here & say hi to Fairy Godmother for me! :bitelip:
4pm Le Cellier A second meal here? Good for you - have a cheddar soup for me, please!
9pm FantasmicUtilizing preferrered seating? Since you have 2 meals set for Le Cellier, you could consider doing HBD meal on this day instead of day 1? Would help open up that day a bit - do a QS lunch, then SoA?
Head home. Someone may need to "Roll" us to the Jeep after all the food!!! Guess I should have read this FIRST - you are driving - which is good since transport in WDW is so time consuming. By this post I was wanting to share the benefit of our experience, but since everyone has different tastes, needs, abilities, and tolerences - I could be way out of line. If so, pardon me please, as I am well-intended. Hope your trip goes wonderfully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter