Preferred seating location at pool

CourtH

Earning My Ears
I understand the frustrations regarding the pool seating situation. I was just wondering where the ideal location is? If I'm going to get down there early, I might as well get the best seats. I know that people have different ideas of "ideal". I'm looking for sunny location with easy access to pool for my two sons.

There are many spots like that and of course there is more than one pool but I would say the spots that seem to go very fast are the ones that rim the Waikolohe pool area (where the Shake-a-Shaka pool party happens. It is kind of in between the ocean and the Menehune water play area/lazy river. There are lots of chairs in the sun here and there is a small grotto where one of the pool slides empties into. In the picture below you can see a large brilliant blue disability chair lift. There is a lot of pool side seating in and around here. Also on the opposite side of the pool closer to the ocean

upload_2017-1-11_16-43-29.png

Our preferred seating is at the adult pool, adjacent to the bar. No, not being snarky, this is exactly what we like. Quiet location, easy access to the bar when we want something to cool us.

Oh man...when I read that title I thought they were about to start charging for seating in certain sections, like "cabanas light." All the upsells have made me jaded :sad2:

I would suggest walking through the pool area around the same time you expect to be there.
Choose your seats based on what area you like. There's a lot of shade there, so if you want sun, you'll have to be strategic.

Thanks OP. I was wondering same thing.
I always get 2 seats in sun and 2 seats in shade for the 4 of us.
Are there chairs in main pool area that offers both shade and sun near each other?
Are there umbrellas?
Thanks
Kerri

We sat in the chairs in front of Ama Ama because they had the most availability when we got down there around 9-9:30am. They were also in the direct sun which we wanted. There were umbrellas available if you needed them, and we found the area to be pretty quiet. It was a quick walk to the pool, but the only negative is it's fairly long walk to the bathroom.

I am a bit surprised about some of the comments that there is lots of shade, umbrellas etc. We have not found this to be the case ie shade is hard to come by and is often taken right away.

It really is a big area with multiple pool areas, lazy river and water slides, so it really depends on where you plan to spend the most time. Like the PP said, we prefer the Waikolohe pool area and then we can run around from there because it is sort of central, and DD did like to spend time in the big pool playing with new friends she met. If you are there really early and can get seats where you want, you will find spots where there is an umbrella with shade and a seat next to that out in the sun. You have to be there really early to get an umbrella seat though. I was stuck out in the sun, and the seat next to me which just had someone's stuff on it and no person there was under the umbrella where I wanted to be. Eventually an attendant put the folded towel there, and I said if they moved the stuff, I would like to move over to that seat and they said fine. When they came to move the stuff, before I could even throw my shoe on the chair or slide over, a person walking behind them basically threw a pile of stuff almost over the attendant and onto the chair to grab the chair...and then promptly went into the pool and left the chair empty. So...I remained stuck out in the sun with a nice shaded chair sitting empty next to me. So.... if you want something with an umbrella in that prime area- be there early.

On our first visit in April 2012 (when our kids were 6 and 8) we preferred seats in the front row by the zero entry pool.

On our last visit in August 2015, our kids were old enough so that they didn't need constant monitoring. On this visit we preferred the first row facing the ocean by the main pool.

Pic1.jpg Pic2.jpg Pic3.jpg

We sat in the area in front of Ama Ama too, but preferred the above. (Sorry about the feet).

Pic4.jpg

On our first visit in April 2012 (when our kids were 6 and 8) we preferred seats in the front row by the zero entry pool.

On our last visit in August 2015, our kids were old enough so that they didn't need constant monitoring. On this visit we preferred the first row facing the ocean by the main pool.

View attachment 218019 View attachment 218020 View attachment 218021

We sat in the area in front of Ama Ama too, but preferred the above. (Sorry about the feet).

View attachment 218022
Thanks for the pic.
I love the view. Are the 1st pics on the right side of resort looking at lagoon?
Also was the chairs by Ama Ama the executive lanai?
Thanks
Kerri

Those same seats overlooking the lagoon were our favorite too. We met some nice people who were camped out there every day and we all saved each other spots and looked out for each other each day.

For the OP, the first row of seats facing the zero entry of the main pool seem to be the ones that most families coveted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter