Power of 10 Meet at GKTW on March 11th - 11a-3p

Mouse Skywalker

<font color=green>The Force is strong with this Po
Greetings everyone, I'm currently training for the Pittsburgh Marathon on May 6th. I'm also leading a group of college students on our 3rd annual alternative break trip to GKTW for a week of volunteering. On Sunday, March 11th, from 11a-3p, I'm combining my marathon training, volunteering, and fundraising efforts with an event at GKTW, and I'd love for you all to join me.

ParkofDreamsQuoteMarathonLogo.jpg

On Sunday, March 11th, from 11am-3pm, I will run 16 miles in loops around GKTW. The Village has given permission for people to come and join me. I’m asking everyone to donate to my fundraising efforts, and come join me in the Village. The suggested donation is $26.20 ($1/mile of the marathon), but any amount donated is accepted and appreciated. You don’t have to be there right at 11am; you don’t have to be there for the whole 4 hours. Come whenever and for however long and walk a lap, run a lap, ride along in your ECV, cycle, skate, swim (wait – that might not work), whatever – just come out, enjoy a gorgeous day, see the amazing work being done in the Village, see the families enjoying a care-free vacation and respite, and share some time with friends.

If you can’t come to the Village, follow along online. I’ll post updates from my run in the Village, and you can follow along virtually.

I know it's short notice, but I hope some people are in town and able to join us. It should be fun!

Anyone? Anyone? No one in the area wants to come out to GKTW next Sunday, March 11th? Wow, the sound of crickets is deafening.

You don't have to run. Heck, just come and donate money to watch me exercise. I will exercise for you. The meet is flexible. Come when you can, and stay for however long you want.

However, I would love to have your support as I train for the Pittsburgh Marathon on May 6th.

Donate here: GKTW Pittsburgh Marathon Challenge

I'm just going to miss this by about a week or I'd definitely be there!

Lots of luck on your comeback run, Dave. :)

I'm just going to miss this by about a week or I'd definitely be there!

Lots of luck on your comeback run, Dave. :)
Thanks Cristen. You were the first to donate to my Pittsburgh Marathon challenge. So you will be with me in spirit anyway. Be sure to follow along online!

Today is Founder's Day at GKTW. The day they celebrate the birth of Henri Landwirth, founder of the Village. I just wanted to use the opportunity to remind people of the small meet I'm having at GKTW on Sunday. It's very informal, and I'd love to have anyone that's in town stop by.

Hi Dave,

Please PM me with the amount raised so I can add it to our list. :)

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter