Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

About family boarding: if a group has one qualifying child, they all board together after group a? I would think that has a huge effect on MCO given the number of families there just for vacation!

I do believe their is a limit but I also think it depends on who is working. There are also times when they won't do the family boarding at all.

So nervous about check in and trying to sit with my son! I need to check in for an 8:30 am departure on a Wednesday on March 22 out of Portland, OR. If I'm 15 minutes late the previous day getting to a computer, will it bump us to group B?

MCO flights have the most EBCI purchases of any flights. 15 minutes late is probably going to be a problem.

About family boarding: if a group has one qualifying child, they all board together after group a? I would think that has a huge effect on MCO given the number of families there just for vacation!
Their announcement said the child and one adult. And they go on to say no Aunts, Uncle, no Brother or Sisters.

Their announcement said the child and one adult. And they go on to say no Aunts, Uncle, no Brother or Sisters.
Hmm. We flew SW on Sat. and I seem to remember them saying no more than 2 parents. We used EBCI so I wasn't really paying close attention. I could be wrong but for some reason that is stuck in my head.

Hmm. We flew SW on Sat. and I seem to remember them saying no more than 2 parents. We used EBCI so I wasn't really paying close attention. I could be wrong but for some reason that is stuck in my head.

Family boarding varies greatly depending on the agent (and the destination). They tend to be more strict with MCO flights, but some agents just don't care and will allow anything.

FYI, just booked flight for May...rates dropped from Atlanta to MCO..I was able to get $65 each way.

QUESTION: Haven't traveled SWA in awhile...when they open new fares for the summer months...at what time will that be on the given day??? Midnight EST? 5am EST? Thanks so much!!

QUESTION: Haven't traveled SWA in awhile...when they open new fares for the summer months...at what time will that be on the given day??? Midnight EST? 5am EST? Thanks so much!!
When we booked our flights for this past December they became available at about 6:15~6:30 am EST. Not sure if this is true for every time SW releases flights. Just sharing our experience.

How important is it to book as soon as the fares come out? I know which flights I want and I have an idea of approximate cost, but I don't really want to wake up at 3am if I don't have to. o_O

I book the first day they come out

A few times I forgot to book immediately and found rates for my dates dropped when I did book a week later

I got lucky

How important is it to book as soon as the fares come out? I know which flights I want and I have an idea of approximate cost, but I don't really want to wake up at 3am if I don't have to. o_O

Depends if you're booking with cash or points. If you're booking with points, there's no risk in jumping on the first fare that comes out since you can be refunded the pts difference if the fare ever goes down.

Depends. I would say >50% of the time I get the best prices when the fares are first released.

Me too.......

Usually the week or two after for the better price for my flying locations

I have never once had the lowest prices come out for me on opening day

I should say that vacations/holidays are often the exception to this. I fly about 50 times a year, so many of my trips are NOT on school holidays, etc. Hence my >50% numbers. I would say for times like Thanksgiving, I often get a lower price the closer we get to the trip.

I should say that vacations/holidays are often the exception to this. I fly about 50 times a year, so many of my trips are NOT on school holidays, etc. Hence my >50% numbers. I would say for times like Thanksgiving, I often get a lower price the closer we get to the trip.

I don't fly during holidays either. Probably for that situation I would look and possibly book when they came out.

Good morning. Does anyone know if southwest at lambert field in St. Louis has a place to check bag weight, before you get to the counter? Thank you!

Good morning. Does anyone know if southwest at lambert field in St. Louis has a place to check bag weight, before you get to the counter? Thank you!

Just get one of those portable luggage scales. they are pretty close to accurate and so nice to have both ways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter