Portobello Happy Hour?

villavic

Earning My Ears
I just read about the ‘Contenta Ora‘ taking place at Portobello Country Italian Trattoria. It's a Happy Hour taking place Monday through Friday from 3:00-5:00 p.m and Monday – Thursday from 9:30-11:00 p.m. and will feature pizza and wine selections. "Hold on to your Happy Hour receipt and bring it back in before March 31, 2017 to receive a 20% discount off of your meal".

Is just that the happy hour? Or the discount is a plus? In my country (Peru), happy hour means you can get 2 drinks at the price of one. Does it mean the same in Disney Springs? Or what´s the actual meaning of Happy Hour? Cause for foreign visitors, it's no that exciting to get a discount to use it in 2 months.

In general in the US happy hour can be 2 for 1 drinks to discounted drinks to maybe free (and few) appetizer type food. It varies form place to place and will usually specify. In this case it may be exactly what it says... the best thing to do is call or email them direct and ask for details. On a side note Portobello does have a fairly large bar but it is closed in by tables no real standing room and by far not a loud social atmosphere.. this is not going to be a Happy Hour that will be loud and party like it will be sit and have wine or a quiet drink type... Lastly I am not sure I have ever run across a true or any Happy hour at Disney for that fact... back in the day when they had pleasure island they did have drink specials on certain nights at certain places and yes certain times and you paid to enter this area... but those days are long gone... Disney maintains a family friendly atmosphere and getting drunk and doing things that may not have been the best choice are no longer tolerated and therefor they making drinking expensive...

As Anthony implied, I wouldn't expect huge discounts on drinks for the happy hour; in fact, you might get no discount (it is not mentioned in the article)--the happy hour "benefit" may simply that you will later get 20% off your restaurant bill if you come back to dine before 31 March, 2017. If you receive a drink discount during happy hour, as well, I expect it to be a small one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter