• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside - Never again......

Wow, what a great report! We stayed at POR this past March for the second time and we really enjoyed it. We didn't have a bit of trouble with the bus service and did have one difficult situation at the food court but it was taken care of by an irate cheerleader Mom (her words). :p The food was good though, the grounds were lovely and I'm very impressed at how the pool was refurbished.

Bob was in the lounge each night while we there too. I stopped a few times to listen for a while and he's really amusing. We also played in the arcade a few times and it's nice and big. The boat ride was super too.

We'll go back too. :D

The first time I ever stayed ons site was with my then girlfriend (now my wife) and her sister at Dixie Landings. We have stayed their two other times and always felt it was a great place to stay.

I realize that all resorts have their problems, a room that could be refurbished, better cleaning by the staff, a less then helpful staff member, however this happens everywhere.

POR is a great place to get away from things while at WDW. It is like an island away from the rush that takes place in the Parks. Sure its not as close as some of the Deluxe Resorts but if you have patience the transportation system works great.

I love the numerous smaller pools spread around the resort, its fun to go to the main pool but when you return to your room during the middle of the day or at night is great to be able to jump in for a swim and have the pool be very close.

I also think the resort benifits from the different buildings that are spread about. It creates a great atmosphere for taking a walk in the evening. It also helps keep the guests spread out.

I have always thought they had one of the better food courts within WDW and sometimes when we stay the the Deluxes it is missed when I just want a hot snack.

I think one of my best memories of being on vacation at WDW was when my wife and I got spent an hour in the lounge listening to the entertainment while waiting for dinner. The park had been hit by a micro-burst and nearly everyone was back in the resorts. I remember how fun it was just to see the family's hanging out, the kids running in and out of the rain and the general feeling of happiness that seemed to be shared by everyone.

If you are someone who accepts that things in life are rarely perfect but can often times be wonderful then I think you will have a great time at POR (always Dixie Landings in my mind.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter