Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone able to answer my question about online check in for multiple rooms?

I think you can do online checkin for multiple rooms, as long as you have all the reservation numbers connected to your My Disney Experience account.

For Magic Bands and FastPass+, I believe each guest needs to have their own account set up in MDX - although all the others can authorise one person to do all the bookings for them.

However things can change quite a lot during testing, so probably best to ask in the main thread on this subject: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3106339

Andre

I got the magic bands ordered last night. I am the person authorized on all the names. Can not do fastpasses yet and we are at63 days so will try online when it gets to 60 days. But do you think we will get our requests by doing online or should we wait and do there????? I am so excited:cheer2:

Andre:
Any update on the fridge replacements? I did check the first page and the last update was Sept. 4th.

Hoping they will all be replaced when we check in in 22 days!!!

My Magic Bands just shipped! My Magic Bands just shipped! lol :cool1:

Just got an email from Disney saying that our MB just shipped, thought I would share my excitement! :hyper:

We are checking in on Oct 24

Andre: Any idea when the October recreation activity and movie schedule will be released for POFQ?

Thanks!

On the day of the MVMCP, we are going to relax at the pool. We are going to need lunch though. Most of my group is food snobs... Are we going to be able to find something decent at PORFQ or should we take the boat to DTD?

On the day of the MVMCP, we are going to relax at the pool. We are going to need lunch though. Most of my group is food snobs... Are we going to be able to find something decent at PORFQ or should we take the boat to DTD?

POFQ only has the quick service, but still it is good. Regardless of what you decide I still recommend taking the boat to DTD as much as you can!

You can get the menu for the food court on Allears.net. But there are good alternatives at dtd just depends on if you want to leave the pool for a couple of hours.

A lot of guests prefer the food court over at Riverside - a very pleasant and easy walk. Maybe take a look at the menus on www.portorleans.org or www.allears.net.

While going to DTD is always nice, it will take longer out of your pool time. :thumbsup2

I wish I could... But when do people make time for DTD??

WE are planning on going the evening we do animal kingdom since that closes early. We may also go on check in day as the kids will be tired from early flight and we have an early res at chef mickeys for dinner.

A lot of guests prefer the food court over at Riverside - a very pleasant and easy walk. Maybe take a look at the menus on www.portorleans.org or www.allears.net. While going to DTD is always nice, it will take longer out of your pool time. :thumbsup2
I like their menu better too. Has anyone ever tried the salads? Are they fresh? This is our first time at a moderate... So we aren't sure what to expect!

I usually stay deluxe so understand your wondering....but have had a few stays at mods and even POP and have been fine at both POR and FQ food courts - everything is made fresh to order. My friends love the POR offerings and I remember one who especially liked the salads...but do not remember which ones...sorry.

Maybe post the question on the POR unofficial thread?

WE are planning on going the evening we do animal kingdom since that closes early. We may also go on check in day as the kids will be tired from early flight and we have an early res at chef mickeys for dinner.

This works for us too

Also, as we arrive only in the afternoon at MCO and get to POFQ about 6 in the evening on arrival day, DTD makes a perfect evening for us for a nice dinner, a bit of shopping and getting us in the Disney mood and doesn't 'waste' a day's park pass.

Here now... Not having the most magical of times. I loooove love love this resort, this isn't our first stay. However, we have switched rooms four times already. Firstly, when we did online check In,, called disney, etc... We specifically said we did not want conjoining rooms. We check in... Had conjoining rooms. We had a dining reservation to get to not long after check in, so we decided to take care of it when we got back to the resort. We return, go to the front desk, had another room issued to us. Transfered alllll of our things to a room in building 1, in the boonies facing a parking lot. Which was ok I guess. Get into the room and saw a balled up wash cloth with hair in it shoved under the sink. (paid for garden view btw). Called front desk again, they said "we will have another room for you in the morning, we apologize, just call bellhop in the am and we will have your bags sent to your new room when you return from your park day." we say ok fine. Cool. So we go out to play at a park and just returned. We go to front desk, get our new room issued (third one guys!) We hobble over to building 3, ok cool! Get up to our room, and BAM!!!! Conjoining flippen room again. At this point I just want to cry. We havent been able to properly unpack since we got here. Sooo hubby marches down to the front desk and said... "Well.. We got another conjoining room, thats what started the room changes to begin with". So they moved up to building 5. Now we are siting waiting on our luggage, once again. . . Im pretty bummed. I normally don't complain over small stuff, but this vacation happens once in a while, its not cheap. And I just didn't want to be so close to someone to where I can fear them fart. I love this resort, but jeeeez louise.

When you found the dirty towel why didn't you just have them clean the room? Seems like it wild have been much simpler than moving over a dirty washcloth.

Logged onto MDE via the website tonight and, yaaay, our tickets are now showing up!! And our DME reservation too. Wahooo.

They're not showing up on my phone app though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter