Port Everglades Debarkation Question

starvenger

DIS Veteran
So I just booked my flights to FLL for Harmony in August and have an 11am return back to Toronto. I am fairly certain that we have more than enough time to get to FLL and through to the gate but is it best just to walk off first thing or get an early debarkation time assigned to us?

notes:
There will be 10 of us (maybe 13, but my brother would be going to LAX), and my dad aka "grandpa" is super-paranoid about getting to the airport and through TSA lines on time. I don't think that all of us will have Global Entry/TSA pre-check by that point.

Walk off began at 6:30 for our Oasis cruise on the 4th this month. We got down to deck 5 by 5:45 and got on line. We were off the ship by 6:40 and thru Customs by 6:50. WAY FASTER THAN DCL.

Thanks John!

Were you catching a flight? If so, how long did you wait for a taxi/uber?

Sorry for the reply delay......No flight since we live only 3 hours away in SW Fl. :), just like getting off and home ASAP.

Certainly go off early. I think ir depends on which ships are in port. We had the worst disembarkation off Independence last spring. Had changed my flights to later and was glad we did.

If everyone in your party has a passport, I highly recommend downloading the mobile passport app! It will save you a lot of time upon disembarkation.

the mobile passport saves time ONLY when the lines at regular checkout are long. if you are at 630am, all lines will be short.

The ironic thing is that you still have to show your passport in addition to your phone. It is actually slower using the app, but the line is way shorter if you are getting off at 10am or so

Thanks for the info about the mobile passport. Sounds like we may not need to use it since we're getting off early but it's always good to check your options.

Hopefully my wife and kids will have NEXUS by the time we leave so we can use Global Entry and the TSA Pre-Check if needed (who cares about my brothers and their families, right?)

Hopefully my wife and kids will have NEXUS by the time we leave so we can use Global Entry and the TSA Pre-Check if needed

Awesome. DS and I just had our interviews and by the time we got home the numbers were in our GOES accounts. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter