POR to Chef Mickeys for Breakfast.. Suggestions

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
Our ADR is at 8:30am

My plan was to take the bus to MK and monorail over to the CR, or one of the boats headed for the resort.
Anyone do this early am recently.... I am planning of being out of the room and at the bus stop between 7:30 to 7:45

My friends just got back and said they took the boat to DS and the bus over to the CR, said it was much quicker, but they had a 10:00a, ADR..

Suggestions would be appreciated...Thanks in advance

That will work. I see no reason to go to DS though. If there are even buses departing DS that early, they surely wouldn't be very often.

I have seen some post that they mention to the bus driver (to the MK please) that they have an early ADR and occasionally they will drop you off there (although not something to count on).

Or you could just spring for a taxi (or uber).

Last edited:

Uber! We used Uber so much on our last trip, especially resort to resort. So easy.

Uber or take the MK bus and walk over to breakfast..... Uber is much more relaxing tho allow yourself an hour to get there. At least

If you take the bus to MK. you should be at the bus stop by 7:15. 45-60 minutes is cutting too close.

There are no boats from MK to CR; the options are monorail or walk. I would plan on walking, in case the monorail opens late that morning. Walk is about 15 minutes, including getting up the escalators to the restaurant.

The walk from MK to CR will be faster than going up the ramp and waiting for the monorail IMO.

My friends just got back and said they took the boat to DS and the bus over to the CR, said it was much quicker, but they had a 10:00a, ADR.

There is no way that a boat to DS and a bus to CR is going to be quicker than a bus to MK and walking to CR.

There is no way that a boat to DS and a bus to CR is going to be quicker than a bus to MK and walking to CR.
On our trips the DS boat didn't start until 9:00am ( or a little later)so you would need to use
a bus to get there. Using DS as a transfer point usually is the longest way. I would tax/Uber to CR or else bus to MK then walk to CR.

Never use DS as a hub.

We take the bus to the MK and then the monorail to the CR. We enjoy using the Disney transportation and not having to get in the car and the monorail is fun. Just give yourself enough time. I'd agree that I'd be at the bus stop by 7:15 at the latest.

Our ADR is at 8:30am

My plan was to take the bus to MK and monorail over to the CR, or one of the boats headed for the resort.
Anyone do this early am recently.... I am planning of being out of the room and at the bus stop between 7:30 to 7:45

My friends just got back and said they took the boat to DS and the bus over to the CR, said it was much quicker, but they had a 10:00a, ADR..

Suggestions would be appreciated...Thanks in advance

Use Uber or a taxi. Disney suggests you allow 90 minutes to make it an ADR using their transportation. And sometimes you need every single minute. So you would need to be at the bus stop by 7 am. Use Uber or a taxi and save a ton of time and hassle for not much money.

We stayed at POR back in October, had a 9:30 reservation. We got on the MK bus at POR around 8:15, got to MK, walked over to the Monorail, and made it to Chef Mickey's with about 15-20 minutes to spare. Heading back to POR however, it took much longer :( Thankfully that was our "rest day" so we weren't in a hurry.

Agree with taking an Uber. The lines to get into CM in the morning can be long and if you are late, you may have to wait awhile before you get called.

The cost of Uber versus the stress is well worth it IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter