• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR to AKL for Boma breakfast?

I would take a cab if AK isn't open yet. When I plan my ADRs, especially at the resorts for breakfast, I like to double check which park is going to be open early so I can go there and then transfer to the appropriate resort bus.
Resort breakfast's are the hardest to get to from other resorts. I wish Disney could come up with a solution. Until then, a cab is easiest.

I would second the cab - even if the buses run early enough to AK to get you that far (or perhaps Epcot as an alternative), there's not telling how long it would take for an AKL bus to show up and take you to the resort. You could spend 90 minutes or more in transit. That's worth $15 cab fare to me.

Dirk

A cab would be easiest but if you have the time, the buses can work out well. It took us about 45 minutes to go from POR to AK then to AKL for breakfast last October by bus. AK had just opened the gates when we arrived, and we did have to wait a little bit for the AKL bus to depart.

We made it with plenty of time before our ADR, so we took in the sights around the resort before we checked in at Boma. The food was fantastic!

That was our experience. Any time you take the buses you're subject to the whims of their schedules. Have fun!

I have early reservations at Boma next month. That particular day AK opens early so I have fingers crossed that we can get from POR to AK and then to AKL without any issues.

I agree with the PP that Disney really should come up with a better breakfast ADR solution. I don't have the answer but someone who makes the big bucks at Disney surely does! Just fix it already! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter