• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR--Royal Princess Room or Preferred?

alimcn

Earning My Ears
Heading down in August for our annual trip with our 12 year old daughter. I was thinking we'd book the Royal Guest room since I know my daughter would really get a kick out of it but just found out these are the furthest from the lobby, etc. Might be happier with a preferred room but not as fun and themey. Thoughts?

Hello! When we stayed in a royal room it was, maybe, a five minute walk to the lobby, right over the bridge. It wasn't far at all. We did get upgraded to a river view room so that allowed us to be closer to the path to the lobby. It is a cute room with a lot of special details, our daughter LOVED it.

With that said - this is a huge resort. I am not sure if a preferred room necessarily gets you any closer to the lobby, unless that is why it is preferred.You can always make a request to be close to the lobby if you choose either room.
Also, the resort grounds are beautiful so if the weather is nice it makes for an entertaining and scenic walk.

We would always get a preferred room in the AB section, and it was always very close to the Main building.

But I bet your daughter would love the Royal guest room. Either one is great!

We also have stayed in a royal room and it was a very short walk over the bridge to the food court.

For the two minute walk difference, I would go with the Royal Princess rooms. I went on a solo trip with my daughter on Dec 2019, and we loved them!

The Royal Guest rooms are close to the main building. They're in buildings 90 and 95.

It was the pirate rooms at CBR that were ridiculously far from the main buildings.
Did you see that those are now “mermaid rooms”? I saw the tour on YouTube and they are so nice. Too bad they are in Siberia.

Did you see that those are now “mermaid rooms”? I saw the tour on YouTube and they are so nice. Too bad they are in Siberia.
I did! They look cute, but it's weird that they have LM rooms at two resorts now (AOA and CBR). And I'm pretty sure LM didn't take place in the Caribbean.

Heading down in August for our annual trip with our 12 year old daughter. I was thinking we'd book the Royal Guest room since I know my daughter would really get a kick out of it but just found out these are the furthest from the lobby, etc. Might be happier with a preferred room but not as fun and themey. Thoughts?
I simply don't understand why folks say this. I've stayed in them 3-4 times and literally am minutes from the lobby. I even got on the bus at the lobby because it was the closest. We love the rooms! it is quiet yet close enough.

The whole reason they made them Pirate was because no one wanted to stay in them because they were really part of POP Century. :rolleyes: We stayed in them both before and after the Pirate conversion and hated location both times. Only way I'd stay in them again is if they were VILLAIN rooms. I'd park my doom buggy right outside and just drive everywhere.

One year when my dd was about 5 years old we stayed in building 85 Parterre Place in room at the end of the building. After a day at a park we got off the bus at the main building to stop at the food court then walked to our room. On the walk my dd asked me why Disney didn’t like us anymore…I asked what she meant and she said ‘they gave us a room soooo far away 😞’ We had been walking all day and I can still remember how hot it was that day! The heat and how tired you are can really effect what seems like a long walk! But, yea, some of the royal rooms can be a long long walk. We’ve also stayed in a river view royal room in Oak Manor which was close to the bridge nearest the main building and that was easy. There is a reason the preferred section fills up quickly. The royal rooms are really cute, if you get one far away, just adjust your bus stops and rests between long walks. Works for us!

We've stayed in the Royal Rooms many times and it is a fairly quick walk to the lobby. And remember, there is a bus stop out in the back of the buildings. When staying at Riverside, the Royal Room is the only room we will reserve. Have lots of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter